Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Good AK-47 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/good-ak-47-a-57488/)

synical 02-11-2012 03:51 PM

Good AK-47
 
Hey I do not currently own an AK but am wanting one. Is it better to build it or buy it built and what are good brands to get? and how much should be paid for it? Thanks for the info ahead of time! :D

locutus 02-11-2012 03:57 PM

If you can find one under about $750, an original Norinco or Polytech is hard to beat.

mjkeat 02-11-2012 04:10 PM

If you have the tooling to build one it would probably be fun. A Saiga or Arsenal would probably be easier.

synical 02-15-2012 05:36 PM

I have been seeing lots of reviews on Romanian WASR 10/63. lots of people say just to have one for fun and shoot is a good and cheap one to have! what is everyone's opinion on the WASR?

Chandler51 02-15-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synical
I have been seeing lots of reviews on Romanian WASR 10/63. lots of people say just to have one for fun and shoot is a good and cheap one to have! what is everyone's opinion on the WASR?

Functional and acceptably accurate. Feel very primitive when compared to sporting arms of western countries.

They are a good, inexpensive start tho. Lots of people have them and there's always a buyer if you need to unload it for some reason.

Watch that the front sights are straight and not "canted". I don't know why that is such a prevalent issue w/them, but it is.

I don't have one, but I'm currently doing the due diligence in my search for an AK. I've handled and fired four WASR 10's now. Like I said...primitive, utilitarian, reliably functional, and very popular. That is what I've taken from my time spent with them.

If you could only own but one firearm, you could do worse for sure.

downsouth 02-15-2012 06:28 PM

Chandler, you have been doing your homework for sure. Let us know what you decide on.

Chandler51 02-15-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth
Chandler, you have been doing your homework for sure. Let us know what you decide on.

Yep, will do.....

synical 02-15-2012 07:21 PM

i dropped by a local gun shop today and i really dont trust these guys anyways but he said that Obama has stopped WASR's from coming in the U.S. now is this true or is this dick at the gun shop just trying to sell me a 450.00 gun for 600.00? and its missing stuff like cleaning rod bayonett and other stuff its suppose to have with it!

Chandler51 02-15-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synical
i dropped by a local gun shop today and i really dont trust these guys anyways but he said that Obama has stopped WASR's from coming in the U.S. now is this true or is this dick at the gun shop just trying to sell me a 450.00 gun for 600.00? and its missing stuff like cleaning rod bayonett and other stuff its suppose to have with it!

Yeah....I don't know about the import stuff, doesn't sound very plausible but who knows.

$600 is waaaaaay off the mark, IMHO. The ones I've been looking at are in the $400's or so range.

Chandler51 02-15-2012 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one with slant brake and bayo lug on gunbroker for $499.




Attachment 39357


First thing I came to. Better deals to be had by a little shopping.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.