Golani Sporter Galil "GLN" receivers - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Golani Sporter Galil "GLN" receivers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasShooter View Post
'GAL' prefix means it is an ORF Manufactured (Ohio Rapid Fire) receiver.
'GLN' prefix means it is a Caspian receiver.
The 'F' stamp means it has been modified with a spring loaded firing pin.
Does your rifle shoot alright? If so, then you have a good one and consider yourself lucky my brother. If not- check out UziTalk, there's a couple guys there that are wizards on these things and can hook you up righteously.
J
(edited for speeling)
Thanks. I have yet to purchase one. It's kind of a back burner thought due to all the negative reviews of the Century Golanis. Henderson Defense claims to have some "certified" models for sale. I may check one out.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:34 AM   #12

Default cetified golani

the certified henderson golani is still a century arms rifle. tenngalil told me to run 3-500 rounds through mine and if i have no issues its a good one. supposedly they arent as bad all around as a few years back. but henderson's 579.00$ tag isnt bad either so its up to you. the construction on these battle rifles really are the best design,if big if the rifle you have is assembled and milled well..

Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 AM   #13

Default wish i was happier

it must be in luck of the pic, i have a GLN receiver.i read so many ups and downs but mine is junk,this thing bearly cycles and jams every 3rd round,half the time it cannot snatch the case due to it being so stuck in the barrel.i have used several grades of quality ammo,it will not take wolf

Tags
ak 47, century arms, gln, golani sporter galil, receiver