Gas tube problems
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Gas tube problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gas tube problems

Tore down my century wasr 10 and found that someone did a nasty number on the gas tube. I am curious as to what problems this will cause.
1.jpg   3.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

How interesting! I'm no photographer either, but can you get the pics into focus a bit better? Is there tooling marks, obvious scrapes or anything? Or does it just appear to have been smashed?

The first thing that comes to mind is that the parts kit was simply damaged during shipment, as it is sometimes disassembled. . . does the firearm function properly? Gas tubes can be had for cheap, so I'd order a new one. That's out of the ordinary for sure!

What importer is the gun from? Century? If so where did you pick it up from?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If the protrusions are too severe the bolt may not lock into place properly, which can be dangerous. As stated before, a good gas tube is easy to get a hold of.
Compared to the time and effort it would take to send it in for a warranty I'd much rather shell out a $25 on Numrich's website.
Gas Cylinder, Stripped, 7", Non-Vented, Unissued

Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #4

Sorry for the terrible quality its a cell phone camera and not one of those new fancy ones. I bought it from century and had a few other problems. Front sight is bent over, hand guards were wobbly and the magazines wobbled like crazy. I am still new to anything other than ARs so bear with me...the rifle was very hard to cycle so i got in there and cleaned it up it works like a dream now. It appears that someone put it in a vice and put a wrench on it and bowed in the sides. Thank you for the advice I will more than likely end up buying a new one.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:53 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

sounds like the last one put together on a friday afternoon or monday morning hangover job. not the norm for any ak even century. sorry for your bad lottery ak. hope you can get it all worked out.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #6

Thanks for your input everybody I ordered a new one off numrich should be here in a week or so.