GALIL Worth Building?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > GALIL Worth Building?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default GALIL Worth Building?

hey guys.

ive really really been wanting a Galil rifle. ive read the good and bad on the Century builds and its hit or miss, looking for an F under the reciever, GLN or GAL, serial range, etc i dont want to spend $5-600 for hit or miss. but if i found a good one i would.

so then i really get to researching. i can get an american made, solid CNC cut whatever Galil reciever and a real deal IMI parts kit and assemble my own, 100% Galil Rifle that should be the best you can get without hit or miss IMO

calculated it all up, i can get it done for $1200 or so, and they also make an adapter to allow for AR15 mags. which is great because i have soo many.

i just wanted a Galil for being a Galil. caliber isnt that big of a deal to me and ive really be eyeing the 545 rifles for some time now.

what do yall think, what would yall do? would it be worth the $1200 or so put in it just to have a reliable Galil Style rifle? or should i just get a decent AK?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Galils are cool little rifles...Seems like a lot of money for one though ($1200). I dont know though, it may be cheap. The thing is you could almost buy three from center fire systems for $1200. If you have the money and want one, by all means go ahead and do it. It would be pretty neat having the adaptor for the AR mags too.