Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > flash supressor? ... (blanket : rolled up & taped around the barell?)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default flash supressor? ... (blanket : rolled up & taped around the barell?)

I saw the movie "jack Reacher"

the Sniper in that movie taped a piece of blanket around the end of his barrel.

Then he went Sniping. Never explained the 'why'.

Hmmmmm.

In my location, flash suppressors are not legal for me to own.

Question:? Would simply rolling a blanket around the end of the barrel in effect work somewhat in effect so as to prevent targets seeing where the fire is coming from?
*Would seem it would make the foresight hard to see - thus upsetting the aim*.

My question though is -

Would simply rolling a blanket around the end of the barrel in effect work somewhat in effect so as to prevent targets seeing where the fire is coming from?

or: any other suggestions?
Not concerned about noise so much as the targets visual sighting of where fire is coming from

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #2

Liked 59 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 41

its more about suppressing the sound with a suppressor and i can't think why it wouldn't work for a few shots but beyond that it's gonna catch fire, at which point if they hadn't seen you beforehand they will now

Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7566 Times on 3296 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

No, does not work, Bullet will be going whichever way it feels like going after dragging through a blanket. Strong likelihood of getting an "obstructed barrel" problem. Flash of a high powered rifle blows right through cloth as far as visibility. However, if the ATF feels to are trying to reduce the sound output, you just got popped for an unregistered suppressor.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Closed Thread