Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Fixing to buy an SKS. ??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/fixing-buy-sks-46581/)

Beastazz 08-10-2011 05:15 AM

Fixing to buy an SKS. ???

When buying a used SKS from a gun shop or show what should I look for. Are there parts that wear really easy or what? There is one at a local shop that looks almost brand new in my opinion, it has no gashes in the wood and it has a blade not spike bayonet. I am truly unsure of the model besides it being an SKS. He is asking $275 for it. Is that too much? I have an H&R shotgun I am refinishing that I was gonna trade for it plus cash. What do y'all think?

Glasshartt 08-10-2011 05:50 AM

Is it Russian or Chinese? I think, with the blade bayonet, it is probably Russian, but you need to check, that will make a difference in the price.

Beastazz 08-10-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glasshartt
Is it Russian or Chinese? I think, with the blade bayonet, it is probably Russian, but you need to check, that will make a difference in the price.

Well, it's like 40 min away but yes when I go I will try to take some pics. And if it is Russian is that good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Gojubrian 08-10-2011 12:22 PM

Yugoslavian also have a bladed bayonet.

Russian or Norinco and you are good to go. Yugo's are good too, but they don't have a chrome lined barrel.

pranc2 08-12-2011 06:39 PM

russian better but good luck on finding one of those. check to see if the barrel is pinned or milled. probably pinned and chinese. the chinese made way more than the russians. you can look up some of the good marking on google and this site. that would tell you where it was made. i have a norinco with a pinned barrel that was a reproduction. the less cool one of most sks's. it is fun easy weapon. and will always fire. $$ doesnt sound that bad depending on what it is. it is about average $$ for pawn shops and guns shows around here if not just a little low. research more 1st please.

Beastazz 08-12-2011 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok well I asked a friend to grab a pic and here it is.

Gojubrian 08-12-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastazz (Post 561616)
Ok well I asked a friend to grab a pic and here it is.

You have a Chinese Norinco there. :cool: Get it!

orangello 08-12-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 561620)
You have a Chinese Norinco there. :cool: Get it!

Looks like it to me too. Get it. That is the "spike" bayonet.

Beastazz 08-14-2011 08:27 PM

Which SKS rifles have a chrome lined barrel?

Gojubrian 08-15-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastazz
Which SKS rifles have a chrome lined barrel?

Norinco's are chrome lined.