You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

First saiga purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default First saiga purchase

Originally Posted by Pjj342
I finally ordered the saiga 7.62x39 that ive been looking at for so long. I found it on gunbroker and took the bid for $360+25for shipping,+30 for ffl=$415. I probably spent $120 a tapco t6 stock, extra mag, sight tool, buffer and ammo. All in all I got everything for around $550. I think I got off alright. I was seriously considering a century build but I went with one that hasnt been taken apart and reassembled, thats a big thing to me, I dont know why.

I am now waiting for it to get here, waiting sucks.

A large amount of faith has to be put in the seller in order to sleep at night. All the pictures of it look nice and he says it has almost no wear on it what so ever. Since it is used I dont get the cleaning kit or other new gun stuff.
In spite of it not being NIB, I feel like I got alright deal anyways. Theres almost none on the market right now. I paid a couple bucks for being impaitient but thats ok.
It should be shipped on monday so I will have it by the end of the week.
Any advise you have, about what to look out for when picking it up, or any personal experiences that may help me out.
Yes I got all the stuff for the gun, before the gun is in my hands, maybe a little impatient, but I wont hesitate to send it back if it is messed up in any way. That would be a bummer, but losing out on shipping is better that having a 400 dollar paper weight.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #2

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Alright you need to go online and find a pic to post so we can all see what you got. No pics, it dont exist.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default it dont exist yet..

Its being shipped out today, Ill have it this week some time hopefully. Now to figure out how to post pics on here.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #4

Default my Saiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjj342 View Post
Originally Posted by Pjj342
I finally ordered the saiga 7.62x39 that ive been looking at for so long. <SNIP>
Hey Pjj, I've had a Saiga for some time now and it's a great shooter. I've only usaed it to put holes in paper so far, but it shoots smootly and is pretty accurate. I hope to use it for hunting later this year.
I've left mine stock except for the mount and scope, and a 20 round promag magazine.
I'd hate to tell you what I paid for mine at a gun show here in Texas, but let's just say that it was considerably less. Have fun with it.

First saiga purchase - AK & SKS Discussion

Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Pj, like you; I can't wait!! Nice snag and we'll be awaiting your range report!

Old 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

yes i have the same gun you will love it

Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadoo View Post
Hey Pjj, I've had a Saiga for some time now and it's a great shooter. I've only usaed it to put holes in paper so far, but it shoots smootly and is pretty accurate. I hope to use it for hunting later this year.
I've left mine stock except for the mount and scope, and a 20 round promag magazine.
I'd hate to tell you what I paid for mine at a gun show here in Texas, but let's just say that it was considerably less. Have fun with it.

First saiga purchase - AK & SKS Discussion
Im sure you paid around 300 but Im not salty one bit. Money is wonderful, saving money is even better, but getting what you truely want, when hardly any are in your market, when your money comes, is worth the extra $$$

Old 03-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default thanks for the encouragement, not much elsewhere

Here I am all excited to get my first AK varient, I go on saiga-12 forum, and every question I asked about unconverted rifles are met with "why dont you convert? will you convert? plans on conversion? convert, convert convert. BULL CRAP, Ill convert when I can, for the moment answer the question or dont.
THANK YOU FELLAS, I REALIZE WHY I LIKE IT HERE

Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjj342 View Post
Here I am all excited to get my first AK varient, I go on saiga-12 forum, and every question I asked about unconverted rifles are met with "why dont you convert? will you convert? plans on conversion? convert, convert convert. BULL CRAP, Ill convert when I can, for the moment answer the question or dont.
THANK YOU FELLAS, I REALIZE WHY I LIKE IT HERE
it is great here i got the exact same AK 2 days ago my first ak as well

Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #10

Ya can't ever go wrong with a Saiga AK, JMHO. I run them in 7.62x39, .308 & .223 and have never had a problem with any of them. Excellent Choice!