Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Exploring woods and stuff...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Exploring woods and stuff...

Since I have some free time this summer *gasp*, I thought I would go around and explore some awesome wooded areas. I haven't done much in a long time. I was wondering does anyone know where to go in Northern Kentucky? Normally I just drive somewhere until there is nothing but trees and just go in. But, all the cops and everything have lately been uptight. If anyone knows any awesome places to explore let me know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Go to thew gorge!!!!

Heh, there are all kinds of place around Ky. Big Bone Lick is pretty cool too (what name though!!). I'm a good bit south of you (Rockcastle Co) but grew up in Cincinnati. I went to Red River Gorge a lot then.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

This is in the AK & SKS thread. Does that have anything to do with you exploring the woods in Kentucky?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #4

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
This is in the AK & SKS thread. Does that have anything to do with you exploring the woods in Kentucky?
People in these woods chase you with them. Ask me how I know.....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, you take your SKS with you and shoot at old trees and other things safely. Plus, nature and outdoors is ALWAYS gun related. If needed I can move this thread to a more appropriate place. Sorry, thought I would just ask people around here.

Last edited by Nihilist88; 07-28-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I sounded like a smart ass. Had to fix it so that it didn't.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Go to thew gorge!!!!

Heh, there are all kinds of place around Ky. Big Bone Lick is pretty cool too (what name though!!). I'm a good bit south of you (Rockcastle Co) but grew up in Cincinnati. I went to Red River Gorge a lot then.
I am actually from Clay county. Oneida to exact. I have been to the gorge mass times. That is why I am looking for somewhere new but close to where I am currently staying at. Big Bone is rad. Just too many families there, I don't want people to think there is a psycho in the woods hunting people. I just want to explore and if needed be able to protect myself from nature.