Explanation of hatred.... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Explanation of hatred....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 922 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

I would love one of those Spetsnaz knifes.. but I think there illegal here in the states.. (ya know the ballistic ones... )

Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 158

To be brutally honest, I don't think many Americans even know "what" Spetnaz is, let alone hate it. In general, the golden rule has served me well in the South as well as the North.

Russians were portrayed as the bad guys in the cinema cira 1980s, movies like Woverines etc were products of the cold war & Hollywood - neither is a good source for Reality in any shape or form.

In the Army we were told that Spetnaz dropped into the Afgan mountains were the only really effective force. Every Soviet Embassey was supposed to have a few for wet work & general mischief or so we were told. We watched films of Stinger missiles being transported by mules and shooting down fixed wing AC. It was viewed as pay back for Russia's support of North Vietnam. Our instructors were mostly Special Forces, all were Vietnam vets.

Our indoctrination process was probably nothing compared to yours. We were told fatalities were common place in your training. To this day, I don't have a clue if half the stuff we were told about Soviet forces was true or just made up intel but we did spend an awful lot of time studying your military tactics, formations, battle plans and history.

I went to one of your WW II memorials and we were told it was our equivalent of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. There were these trees w branches that grew not toward the sky but the ground. This un-natural effect was done on purpose because it was un-natural to lose 20 million men in a war. It was one of the most profound things I have ever seen. I can still picture the statue of the Rodina, Mother Russia, weeping. I think the trees were weeping willows but I could be wrong.

You earned your uniform, wear it w pride. Yours is not the only govt w it's head up it's 4th point of contact. Have you seen Washington lately ? God help us, ALL !

Last edited by Gonzilla; 04-21-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #33

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

One more thing you need to remember? You're in Acworth. You live next door to Kennesaw, which is the only city in the country that flat out requires every law abiding homeowner (with the exception of religious objections and convicted felons) to own a firearm and ammunition. Acworth tends to be a liberal area, and when you wear a uniform, regardless of whether it's Spetsnaz or Delta Force, (and most in Acworth get pissed because they can't even tell the difference between a Boy Scout and a Marine's Deltas), you're going to get nasty looks.
Acworth is about three steps south of legally stupid.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #34

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
Can I geta' AMEN?!??!

---Shoot To Thrill---
Amen!

I experience a slow simmering rage at the word Obama, but Spetnaz?

Personally I respect anyone strong enough to achieve special operations status regardless of the country they serve.

Wickens however...don't get me started on those bat **** crazy bastages!

Tack

Old 04-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #35

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Gonzilla our training has so many casualties due to the use of loaded firearms and real knives. We are severely beaten and you can see it I'm pretty sure there's some YouTube video out there; look up inhumanity in Russian army if it helps

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

We carry a machete is a truly barbaric piece of steel but it suits me fine.

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #37

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Thank you gentlemen for the offers on drinks, I may have to take you up on those offers.

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #38

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood
Thank you gentlemen for the offers on drinks, I may have to take you up on those offers.

Spetsnaz for Life
That offer is always open. As someone pointed out your english is better than a lot of natives, and my impression from your posts here is that you're a fairly intelligent person, so i'd be happy to share a bottle with you.

On a side note, the only chess players i've met that could really challenge me had some russian heritage, so if you'd like i'd be happy to have a match or two lol

Old 04-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Sounds like a plan, have shots and chess; may the best drunkard win.

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #40

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood View Post
We carry a machete is a truly barbaric piece of steel but it suits me fine.

Spetsnaz for Life
Don't go picking on the machete. It happens to be my favorite blade. Well, that or the Kukri machete. Love those things. I may have to make a drive up to Acworth soon so I can buy you lunch, Kalishnikov, just to show you not all us southerners are idiots or haters.
I'd offer to challenge you to a game of chess, but I haven't had any serious competition in so long my skills are poorly lacking now.