Explanation of hatred....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Explanation of hatred....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Explanation of hatred....

Hello ladies and gents, I have been wondering why there is such intensive hatred when the term Spetsnaz comes up. In Russia we refer to the SEALS, Marines, and more and there's no hatred we treat everyone with respect. Do you guys think it may be the games teens play, or even the beliefs of Cold War Russia=Satan and USA=God? I'm sorry to bring God into this, I do not intend to insult anyone it's only an example. I'm Wyccan, which is a branch of Pagan.

Spetsnaz for Life

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I get far more angry over the word Obama

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #3

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Idk anyone who has any sort of hatred for spetsnaz personally,I mean sure... Everybody I'd gonna root for the home team.

But from the documentaries ive seen of them and some training videos from sunny puzikas (sp)...

....their some bad Mofos

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 04-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #4

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I get far more angry over the word Obama
Can I geta' AMEN?!??!

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood
Hello ladies and gents, I have been wondering why there is such intensive hatred when the term Spetsnaz comes up. In Russia we refer to the SEALS, Marines, and more and there's no hatred we treat everyone with respect. Do you guys think it may be the games teens play, or even the beliefs of Cold War Russia=Satan and USA=God? I'm sorry to bring God into this, I do not intend to insult anyone it's only an example. I'm Wyccan, which is a branch of Pagan.

Spetsnaz for Life

Growing up I always thought Russia was exactly like the USA. With one minor difference, Russians were all evil. Then the wall came down & I saw the tv of what Russia was actually like I was amazed.

I worked with a lot of guys from all over USSR & some of them are still good friends of mine. Kind of weird to meet & hang out with guys my age who grew up believing the same propaganda as I did. Glad we didn't blow your a$$ up. Good dudes in my book.
But the short answer is the cold war was defiantly to blame. To me now there is no difference between the term of SEAL or SPETSNAZ. Unless your a spy or something (old habits die hard).

Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I think you're takeing 1 or 2 guys and assuming it's everyone.

I have quickly learned that this site has a high population of older males. "Old Timers." Grumpy old men stuck in a time/ mind-set long past. I would say take them w/ a grain of salt but it's more like take them w/ a block of salt.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #7

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

For the common civilian it probably would have to do with the fact of fear mongering during the Cold War. Our military was trained that communist regimes were our enemy. For decades our Gov't blasted the USSR and communism and everything associated with as evil.

So when a person hears something over and over and over all the time, they tend to believe it. Though I would think that our Special Forces and more highly trained military personnel would have more of a grudging respect due to the similarity of service?

But way back in my early 20's when i got my head out of my azz I took a better look at the world around me and realized that our Gov't isn't necessarily giving us accurate information. So I don't really relate to hatred of others just for the sake of it. I would say just as I am impressed and proud of our Special Forces and the same could be said of the Spetnaz - they are all some truly dedicated and talented folks that do what very few can.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #8

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Got no issue whatever with the Spetsnaz. You're a man that served his country and did what he felt was right, and that's all that we can ask for. Loyalty, duty, and tougher than a three day old steak. That warrants respect in my book.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #9

Liked 2605 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2526

My wife is Russian..........talk about spetsnaz!!! I kid but I don't go out of my way to piss her off.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I served with Sonny Puzikas. Excellent soldier, I'll drink to the memories.

Spetsnaz for Life