Dragunov≠Kalashnikov;Kalashnikov≠Dragunov. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Dragunov≠Kalashnikov;Kalashnikov≠Dragunov.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2603 Times on 1480 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I get a chuckle from the media, when they call a glock an AK47,

then call the mag a clip.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #12

Liked 38 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Nice Opinion....but people are lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
You have to do research. Research written by experts in the field, or peer reviewed sources. YouTube is a social site where any idiot with an opinion and a video phone can vomit his opinion onto the public. FaceBook, MySpace and Twitter are not "expert" sources. Wikipedia is not a vetted source, just a different kind of social site, unless using the "Cited" sources at the bottom and they can be validated. Since the quality of writers has dropped precipitously in recent years, magazines and newspapers are no longer credible sources. You need to find someone with accurate data that has researched the subject extensively. Libraries and book stores generally stock huge volumes (500+ pages) that have data and history, but you have to buy or rent the book and actually READ it! The difference being that you yourself will become so well-versed on the subject that others will consider you an expert!

Remember the Internet Credibility Rule: if its on the Internet, it's NOT credible!
People are really lazy...maybe to lazy to take some time and learn everything they need to know about the weapon they are using.Frankly speaking...I am not no a big fan of literature and books...I do prefer to learn things directly on the field- by keeping my mouth shut and listening to someone who know MUCH MORE THAN ME-better if he has used it in service/on the field(I usually buy military rifles only)!!!!I have paid particular attention each time I handled a new/unknown rifle, I've learn to use the rifle by listening to the vets, shooting, stripping the rifle thousands of times and well...even by reading some books.

A firearms can be a great thing, if you know what you're using and use it properly.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #13

Default Hahahahahhaahahah that really creepy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I get a chuckle from the media, when they call a glock an AK47,

then call the mag a clip.
...true, creepy and sad.I don't understand these people.If you don't know the stuff you're talking about, it would be better to keep your mouth shut!

"Does anybody know where can I buy some SHELLS for my M16?My QUICKLOADER is empty, I need to some shells asap.Even some help for a couple of stripper clips for my glock and an en-bloc clip for my revolver would be appreciated."
Old 08-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #14

Default I hate such people!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
You get a kid that was raised on call of duty that has money to blow or what ever and they want to buy a gun, and hell most gamers love being "snipers" so they see this gun that they've shot thousands of rounds through (in game) and they see the name Dragunov and they just mess there pants over it and they'll spend the money on it same with AR's AK's and hell anything that possibly could be in the video games they've played. The reason they fork out a crap load of money on a not dragunov is simply because they don't know any better.

The same reason why people run around calling AKM's AK47's just because usually they don't know any better, I'm not going to lie it erks the hell out of me when people call my AKM an AK47. I understand where your coming from but most people don't care to take the time to actually learn about things like this they just see a gun watch a youtube video then buy it or not.
I would kill a person that calls AK47 any AK pattern rifle!The AK 47 was produces since 1949 till 1959, everyhing else is an AKM or a derivative of it!!!!!These people shot try to shoot both guns to understarnd the difference!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth

I would kill a person that calls AK47 any AK pattern rifle!The AK 47 was produces since 1949 till 1959, everyhing else is an AKM or a derivative of it!!!!!These people shot try to shoot both guns to understarnd the difference!!!
That's a stupid comment. Kill a person? Dumbass!!!!!!!!! Lol
Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #16

Default ....It's pretty obvious that I mean it metaphorically

[QUOTE=COLDdeadFINGERS;1354470]That's a stupid comment. Kill a person? Dumbass!!!!!!!!! Lol[/QUOTE

Have you ever said something metaphorically???...I guess you didn't.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #17

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

So fill me in completely then on the Dragunov. Heres some on GBer . What is what ?
Now saying this I dont have a AK, I have a AK variant .I guess its a WASR10/63 .
I see Dragunov type rifles so whats what ? Would like to have one in my collection but I dont want some inaccurate POS either because I do shoot all my stuff
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=dragunov

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 09-02-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

I can honestly say in all my life that I've never said I'll kill anyone for saying anything. If my family was having their life threatened then sure I would protect them or myself. I would even help my fellow human brother or sister. But ........ That was awkward to say the least

Old 09-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1842 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 5489

The OP is just too sensitive. Lighten up and Use a KLEENEX (or more exactly a Scott Facial Tissue)

Everything is an AK or a GLOCK.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL