Do all AK-47s nearly give you black eyes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Do all AK-47s nearly give you black eyes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a converted saiga, never fired a WASR or other romanian made AK type rifle, but IMO the saiga is a very gentle, smooth rifle to shoot. I think you probably need to adjust your hold and stance. On the other hand, I've been shooting an M44 since I was a kid so maybe my idea of "recoil" is different from yours.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

With a proper hold you should have no problems whatsoever. Please don't shoot those poor AKs from the hip. . . They hate that.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Also consider the stock, Most bone-stock aks have quite short Length of pulls on there stocks. I extremely dislike shooting one of these because of my bigger build, and long arms. I have an M4 type adjustable stock on mine which is extremely helpful.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 06-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Or a slip on stock extension or any other rubber extension can easily be modified to mount up to the butt stock of any AK/variant. I prefer this method for us wood furniture lovers as it is comfortable as can be and you don't have to foul up your nice looking original AK with an AR type part.

Note: I will be doing my next AK in a more modern tactical setup, so I'm not prejudice, just throwing other options out there.

Here are plenty of extensions/pads that can cure the "black eye" thing as well as Warsaw pact length stock issues (and pretty much everything else).

MidwayUSA - Advanced Search