Deer Hunting with AK 47 - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Deer Hunting with AK 47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #31
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 997 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiztdiz View Post
I'm hunting whitetail deer with my AK 47 this year up here in Maine. I'm not sure if I have any questions about this choice, I guess I'm just excited. I was able to find a 5 round clip, from my local gun shop, which is the max allowed for hunting.
I will be using my AK47 for the first time to hunt deer here in Maine also.
I just removed my red-dot sight and replaced it with a 4x scope and took it to the range today. All in all pleased with the results once I got it dialed in shot 3" groups at 100 yards. I'm not certain what I will be using for ammo the stuff I shot today was 123 gr. HP which appear to be quite explosive but I haven't shot any at game so still uncertain.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel

I will be using my AK47 for the first time to hunt deer here in Maine also.
I just removed my red-dot sight and replaced it with a 4x scope and took it to the range today. All in all pleased with the results once I got it dialed in shot 3" groups at 100 yards. I'm not certain what I will be using for ammo the stuff I shot today was 123 gr. HP which appear to be quite explosive but I haven't shot any at game so still uncertain.
Just get yourself a good box of premium soft points. It will do just fine.

And to the original poster the ak will be fine for deer. I have one and my brother has used it on 3 different occasions. In Maine you have to use a 5 round magazine max for semi autos but that's all you need. If you need more u shouldn't be hunting. Don't listen to the comments here. Lack of knowledge about a weapon leads to some crazy ideas. Your not using an RPG, your using pretty much a short 30-30 so the meat will be just fine.
jeepejeep Likes This