Current AK Steals!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Current AK Steals!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Current AK Steals!

Why not have a thread dedicated to current specials and bargains that we could add to as they come about? I think we would all benefit from sharing AK related specials. Anything from complete rifles and packages, parts and build sources, ammo and magazines and anything else you could think of that would aide all of us remaining AK enthusiasts.

Here's a few to get the ball rolling.

The following list of folks always have some hot buys going, here are the current ones:

Century Arms AK47 Rifle For Sale

7.62x39 Yugo FMJ 124GR Brass case military ammo boxed. 1260rd Case

Romanian AK WASR2 5.45x39 Rifle

IWDwoodpile

Now. . . I've noticed a drastic decrease in the cost of 7.62x39mm ammo. I'm guessing that there is MASSIVE quantities available, this is also an indicator that would suggest gun prices could follow. I've heard (nothing more than a rumor so far) that your average Romanian WASR 10 could be seen closer to the $300 mark sooner than one might think.

Please, feel free to share anything that you believe would help us AKers enjoy our hobbies, while keeping our back pockets a bit more fat.

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #2

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I got a CIA -GP 1975 a while back. Charcoal Polymer furniture,

new barrel and receiver, built right here in the good old

U.S. of A...

Old 04-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I've been looking for an AK to give my Dad. I was gonna get a baseline AK and Duracoat it semi-gloss black, order in some blemished furniture from ironwood designs and surprise him with it when I give him his new AR.

I seem to be noticing that the prices from last year have gone up about 25% or better and aren't getting any relief? I knew I should have bought a bunch when I could. . .

Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #4

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I've been looking for an AK to give my Dad. I was gonna get a baseline AK and Duracoat it semi-gloss black, order in some blemished furniture from ironwood designs and surprise him with it when I give him his new AR.

I seem to be noticing that the prices from last year have gone up about 25% or better and aren't getting any relief? I knew I should have bought a bunch when I could. . .
I'd give it a little time, and be patient. I'm

finding NIBs for the prices of used last year.

Tried Gunbroker?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #5

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default 5.45x39 ammo

I have noticed in the last few weeks the price of this ammo has jumped some, but here is a link for those of us that missed out on the cheap stuff.
This link has 5.45x39 ammo sold by the crate (2 spam cans) for as low as 10.8 cents per round if you buy two to five crates (4 to 10 cans).
5.45x39 Ammunition
Get your buddys together to pitch in for the last of cheap stuff.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
I have noticed in the last few weeks the price of this ammo has jumped some, but here is a link for those of us that missed out on the cheap stuff.
This link has 5.45x39 ammo sold by the crate (2 spam cans) for as low as 10.8 cents per round if you buy two to five crates (4 to 10 cans).
5.45x39 Ammunition
Get your buddys together to pitch in for the last of cheap stuff.
Yeah, now that they got enough people owning guns of this caliber, they'll hike it up some. . . I guess that's the way it goes. Don't worry about the supply! As long as there are crates coming in from overseas, we are set, there's so much of this stuff from old Soviet conflicts and the Cold War, that the supply is ridiculous, from what I've been told. I'm not an importer, so I don't know for sure. Just remember that only a few (count 'em on one hand) manufacturers have picked up this round for domestic production, so supply is dependent on foreign importation.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Worth a Look:

Romanian FPK style 7.62x54R Rifle, 24" bbl, by TGI.

Looks to me like an AK chambered in 7.62 x 54R. . . a damn good hard hitting round. I've read that similar rifles that cost a few hundred more $$$ can put out 3" groups and just have a tendancy to "Hit Stuff". The latest "Complete Book of The AK-47", by Guns and Ammo has great things to say, especially if equipped with a good mount and optics. I believe the 3" groups were with comy glass even.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #8

Damn sure wish I'd seen this 2 weeks ago! Bought a slightly used one with the old thumbhole wooden stock for $800!

It came with a nice scope, bipod, flash suppressor and 1,000 rds too I guess but I thought these guns in any form were a lot more $$$ than $750! I shot it for the first time Saturday and WOW!!! A LOT more power than a 7.62 x 39 round that I'm used to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Romanian FPK style 7.62x54R Rifle, 24" bbl, by TGI.

Looks to me like an AK chambered in 7.62 x 54R. . . a damn good hard hitting round. I've read that similar rifles that cost a few hundred more $$$ can put out 3" groups and just have a tendancy to "Hit Stuff". The latest "Complete Book of The AK-47", by Guns and Ammo has great things to say, especially if equipped with a good mount and optics. I believe the 3" groups were with comy glass even.

"Why don't you chug on over to Mamby Pamby land where maybe you can find some self confidence ya jackwagon!"

Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Well, I guess the 1,000 rounds of ammo (that's a lot of 7.62 x 54mm to include) softened the blow, in fact it would have completely made up for the price difference.

You also probably got a gun of higher quality as the manufacturer of this particular rifle is hit or miss in regards to quality. It is also a different gun in many respects. . . so don't compare them apples to apples.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:26 AM   #10

I've been shooting for decades but JUST started buying a few guns recently so not sure what good prices are for things or ammo. I inherited a few guns from my father when he died in 2001 and they spent the last 10 years in a closet.

Picked up the rifle I'm talking about from my grandfather who was downsizing which is why it came with so many rounds.

last time I bought ammunition 7.62x39 was $119 for 1,000 rds so that's my perspective right now.

"Why don't you chug on over to Mamby Pamby land where maybe you can find some self confidence ya jackwagon!"