A couple of questions about my SKS. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > A couple of questions about my SKS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Crockett, he may have one like my Chinese SKS with the 21.5" barrel, not sure.
I like having a couple of extra inches myself.
Good point, I'm sure they are all around that standard length, give or take. To "cut the barrel off" may mean getting into legal minimum length (16") and compromising it. Depending on the "unsightly" FSB and bayonet lug that the OP wants to remove?

regards

Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sorry for jumping on your rear, but it did come across to me that the language between the lines was that of, "You're an idiot why don't you go back to Tommy Hilfiger land."

As far as the finished length of the bbl, I would ensure it would not be less than 16" as it is right now somewhere in the area of 21." I wish I had a paratrooper model.

The reason I don't want to get rid of the gun is because I enjoy it so much, but the sight, muzzle and bayonet lug to me are ugly and I am really tired of them tearing the inside of my cases.

Also, the furniture is not really an issue with me and even though I am 6'01" the LOP is not really that bad.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Orange, maybe I'll talk to a GS about milling off the sight and the bayonet lug, that would help out tremendously.

Robocop, I have a friend with a Tapco stock on his. I'll see if that is more comfortable than the woody.

Jes, thanks for the invite I'll check it out and I appreciate your help.

Crockett, sorry again about jumping on you. I probably misunderstood your post and should have just taken it in stride.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me