Compliance?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Compliance?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Compliance?

I bought an slr 95, and I want to switch the thumbhole stock for an ace folder.
I want to keep my ultimak mount and lower handguard, and still use foreign mags. If I trade out the fcg, gas piston and the rear stock, and had the bulgarian brake switched for an american one, would I have enough compliance parts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #2

Because the muzzle on the rifle is threaded, you need six compliance parts instead of five to meet the 922R requirements.

If the lower handguard you want to keep is part of the Ultimak mount and both are U.S. made, then the combo will count as one compliance part. If either the lower handguard or the upper handguard is foreign made, then there is no compliance.

You will be switching a foreign made stock for a U.S. made stock so there is no problem as there is no restriction on the number of U.S. parts you can add to the rifle. The U.S. made stock will count as one compliance part.

Changing the FCG for a complete U.S. set will give you three compliance parts. The piston may already be U.S. made, check with the manufacturer to find out - if so, then you will have 5 parts. (Century International uses U.S. made gas pistons and some of the others may also.)

A U.S. muzzle device will give you 6 parts.

Let's recount to be sure:
U.S. buttstock - 1 compliance part
U.S. FCG (complete set) - 3 compliance parts
U.S. gas piston - 1 compliance part
U.S. muzzle device - 1 compliance part

If you learn that the gas piston is not U.S. made, install a U.S. made pistol grip and you will be in compliance with 6 parts.

No guns, no peace.
Know guns, know peace.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #3

Don't forget mag followers and floorplates, they count as well.(2 pcs)