Colt Sporter??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Colt Sporter??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Colt Sporter??

My son in law gave me a brand new in the box Colt Sporter model 6606. It is a 223. The thing about it is, I don't know sqat about this type of weapon. I don't even know if it is a AK or AR or what. He also gave me about 1000 rnds of ammo. Can you guys tell me what this is, and is it a good valuable gun??.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Technically it's a M16 without a three round burst, AR stands for armalite witch is a gun making company. Colt is one of the companies that make law enforcement M4 and M16 that also make competition models. They actually make some really nice guns. Your lucky I've seen rifles like that go from $600+, they shoot good as long as you know how to work and clean it you should be great.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 06-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I think I will just take it to the range and shoot it. Looks good on top of my gun safe, I am running out of room.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Op you have a vault full of guns but don't know what an AR-15 or AK-47 looks like? Wow.

What kind of guns do you own?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #5

I have all hunting rifles and handguns. I also have some shotguns. I just never cared about this kind of weapon, therefore I know nothing about them. I was never in the Military or had a need for such a gun. I still don't know what all the hype is about these kind of guns? They look cool, but what would you use one for?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrola View Post
I have all hunting rifles and handguns. I also have some shotguns. I just never cared about this kind of weapon, therefore I know nothing about them. I was never in the Military or had a need for such a gun. I still don't know what all the hype is about these kind of guns? They look cool, but what would you use one for?
I just thought it was strange since the AR-15 is like the most popular gun in America. You could use one for many things, Hunting, Competition, Target shooting and plinking. Pretty much all the same things your "Hunting Rifles" are good for.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #7

I guess I am just getting old. I wish it was an automatic. I would like to shoot a fully auto someday. Someone told me that these guns have no recoil, is this true?

Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5724 Times on 2992 Posts
Likes Given: 379

all guns have recoil. the ar15 in the 556/223 chambering just has very very little felt recoil. this due to the weight of the rifle combined with the straight inline recoil path of the bolt carrier and the direct gas system.

they are the most versatile rifle in the world a single lower can pretty much fire rounds from 22 long rifle to the huge 50 BMG with the addition of conversion kits and seperate lowers. there are even upper recievers that let you shoot shotgun shells and crossbow bolts.

its pretty much THE american rifle

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...