Chinese ak or egyptian ak which is better
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Chinese ak or egyptian ak which is better

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Default Chinese ak or egyptian ak which is better

I have a friend that wants a revolver and I have one he want to trade me one of aks for it wanted know if anyone have any exp with one of these aks and which is better or are they about the same and also about how much are they worth both am are In like. New condition

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Maadi Egypt AK-47
Maddi is a good AK varient. The orginals (pre-ban in 1982) were imported by Styer-Daimler-Puch of New Jersey and had the full auto bolt carriers in them. The ATF quickly stopped that, but an estimated 1500 made it in. They were later imported with semi auto carriers both by Steyr and later by another importer who didn't use the same high standards. They are stamped receivers and it is said, they are as close to a Russian AKM as you can get. They are made in Cairo on actual Russian equipment. The correct finish should be black enamel with reddish laminated furniture & either a black or red plastic grip.

Chinese AK47 Legend

AK47 Legend series made in China are true AK47's in which the receiver is forged/milled. The barrel lengths remain 16" in standard barrel weights. The rifle is chambered in 7.62x39mm and 5.56x45mm. The 5.56x45mm variant is extremely rare.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #3

The Chinese AK is a Chinese MAK 90 chambered in 7.62x39 any idea how much those go for and he said he Egyptian on is unfired also chambered the same.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #4

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

I don't know much about the Egyptians except some are junk and some can be real nice, I do know those mak90s are very well made and would deffinitally go with that.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

The Egyptian AK is awesome to have. I do not know too much about them for the fact that they are rather rare sometimes. Chinese make a great AK. I say either one but the Maadi AKs are pretty rad I think. I would actually like to have one.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1755 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 5315

There were several variations of the Chinese MAK 90 (Modfiied AK). Some of the variations are angle cut/ straight cut receiver and in the design of the stocks I was just reading that some of the early ones were imported with a threaded barrel.

Most did have the 1.5 mm stamped reciever, stronger than the average 1.0 mm

Two that I have fired have EXCELLENT triggers.

Some info at http://www.ak-47.us/MAK-90.php and http://www.ak-47.us/Article_Detail.php?g=content1146683655

Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #7

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Supposedly the "MISRs" were "Egypto-Sino-parts-AKMs" from the famous Century Arms Arsenal - they can be very hit or miss. Basically, Egyptians are much like Romys in the classic Soviet AKM mold of the 60's.

The CHICOMs were long ago completely banned from import in ANY config, so right from the get-go they have greater potential for collectibility in the future.
On that note, I snagged a CHICOM "just because" - given that there will be no more - and it doesn't shoot any different than any of my other 7.62 AKMs.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #8

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

MAK90 have horizontal gas ports instead of forward. Double hook trigger. U wire to U steel recoil spring assembly as opposed to most other akms u wire to u wire , heavier barrel , chrome lined , stamped receiver is 1.5mm steel as opposed to others 1.0mm steel. and the best thing imho they are sporterized so if there is another assault weapon ban they wont be included.

Yes , I did my homework before I bought one ..... again imho is the best AK out there . the only better I can think is a milled arsenal saiga. stamped arsenal/saiga have the 1.0mm steel so not as good imo

Priced near me between 500 < the I got a baby due in a day and still dont have anything for him/her > price and 7-750 <average everyday price >

But you may get lucky in a gun shop and get one for 450.00 but thats a once in a blue moon price. I paid 700 for mine and I think it was worth every penny. But be sure to check if it's a straight cut receiver or slant cut if you plan on tacti coolin it out Many options if its straight cut not so many if its slant.

But most will need modifying unless its custom made for a mak90 like ironwood designs wood stocks.

The reason being is on alot of the adjustable butt stocks and similar set ups the piece that inserts into the receiver needs to be filed to account for the 1.5mm thicker steel norinco uses . but its no big deal 20 mins and a bastard file will be all ya need for most stocks.

But the 1.5mm steel is worth it because you rarely get the egged out trigger pin holes like you do on most other akms.

For under 800 I assume your looking for a shooter. id go with the mak90 if you want a collectors piece id wait till ya find a good deal on a polytech mak90 or a type 56s underfolder or something regardless Norinco or chicom in a heartbeat over a maadi

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 09-07-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #9

What about Romanian Aks anyone know if ther any good

Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #10

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquidez View Post
What about Romanian Aks anyone know if ther any good
WASRs and SARs and M-10s are all good to go; depending on which AK forum you visit they are reviled or revered. The SARs have dimples, the WASRs and M10s do not.

All Romy - all the time:

http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/links.shtml

A Romy at the same price as a MAK90? - the MAK90, will be collectible, so would an Egyptian.