Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Cheap AK ammo for accuracy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/cheap-ak-ammo-accuracy-39476/)

Pjj342 03-08-2011 03:58 PM

Cheap AK ammo for accuracy
 
If you were going to the range with your new AK rifle, to get your sights dialed in at 50 and 100 yds, what kind of ammo would you buy? I love the price of the russian stuff but is it accurate? Im sure it varies by brand and bullet weight. Chime in.

Nicodemus 03-09-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjj342 (Post 460142)
If you were going to the range with your new AK rifle, to get your sights dialed in at 50 and 100 yds, what kind of ammo would you buy? I love the price of the russian stuff but is it accurate? Im sure it varies by brand and bullet weight. Chime in.

Zero with what you plan to use in it.

CA357 03-09-2011 02:39 AM

Nicodemis told you true. Sight it in with what you'll be shooting out of it regularly.

aktommysks 03-11-2011 12:34 AM

cheap ak ammo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjj342 (Post 460142)
If you were going to the range with your new AK rifle, to get your sights dialed in at 50 and 100 yds, what kind of ammo would you buy? I love the price of the russian stuff but is it accurate? Im sure it varies by brand and bullet weight. Chime in.

I love the yugo m-67 all brass very accurate and very good prices, downfall mildly corrosive, i never found that to be a problem for me.

kenhesr 03-11-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aktommysks (Post 462084)
I love the yugo m-67 all brass very accurate and very good prices, downfall mildly corrosive, i never found that to be a problem for me.

Yep! Outstanding ammo, and my 7.62x39 ARs think so too! :rolleyes:

Pjj342 03-11-2011 01:38 PM

yugo brass ammo
 
Where are you finding this stuff? I was looking around and the couple sites i found it on its no cheaper than the russian stuff and if it is cheaper the shipping is crazy expensive. (thearmory.com-8.00 for 40rds at 62.00 shipping) Maybe im reading it wrong.

aktommysks 03-11-2011 06:03 PM

cheap ak ammo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjj342 (Post 462413)
Where are you finding this stuff? I was looking around and the couple sites i found it on its no cheaper than the russian stuff and if it is cheaper the shipping is crazy expensive. (thearmory.com-8.00 for 40rds at 62.00 shipping) Maybe im reading it wrong.

Centerfire systemn, and Classic arms both have it in stock I beleive $219 for 1260, or $189 for 1000. It might end up costing u as much as the russian, but i personally like it better. It's much nastier it yaws @ between 2-3" the russian about 6-7". Good for target or shtf.

kenhesr 03-11-2011 06:49 PM

I haven't bought any in years. I'm still using from a small pallet load I got at SG for $.06 per rd. maybe 10 years ago.

Now days I see that JG Sales has it at $209.79 + S&H for a 1260 rd case.

7.62x39 Yugo FMJ 124GR Brass case military ammo boxed. 1260rd Case

Also at Aim Surplus, $182.00 + S&H for a 1120 rd case.

Yugoslavian 7.62x39 on SKS Chargers 40rd box

This is the most accurate 7.62x39 surplus ammo I have ever used. Mine has been 100% sure fire too! With S&H you should still be around $.20 per rd, not too bad I guess?

aktommysks 03-11-2011 07:23 PM

cheap ak ammo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenhesr (Post 462652)
I haven't bought any in years. I'm still using from a small pallet load I got at SG for $.06 per rd. maybe 10 years ago.

Now days I see that JG Sales has it at $209.79 + S&H for a 1260 rd case.

7.62x39 Yugo FMJ 124GR Brass case military ammo boxed. 1260rd Case

Also at Aim Surplus, $182.00 + S&H for a 1120 rd case.

Yugoslavian 7.62x39 on SKS Chargers 40rd box

This is the most accurate 7.62x39 surplus ammo I have ever used. Mine has been 100% sure fire too! With S&H you should still be around $.20 per rd, not too bad I guess?

Thanks man, those were the days .06 per rd. your right about being very accurate, and i also never had a misfire. I'm going to check it out sounds good...

franklin67 03-12-2011 09:35 PM

I recently got some Yugo from Classic Arms for my AK. 1000 rds cost only $224 with shipping. Plus it was packed in a 50 cal ammo can in pretty good shape too! Shoots great, and Im buying lots more of this as soon as my income tax comes in!


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.