Century AK-47, ok or bad? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Century AK-47, ok or bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Sure. . . I have red-dots on a few rifles and a handgun or two, but on every last one I like the idea that my irons are gonna hit exactly where my dot sight was, in the case that something were to happen to the red-dot (i.e. hard drop, using gun as a club, water or the rare battery fail).

You really want those irons and know how to use them WELL, especially since the AK is such a short ranged gun. Irons (good ones) should be your primary sights. Anything else is auxiliary. . .

Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have 3 century aks and have never had a moments issue with any of them.. They are as accuate as any AK can be... They never ftf and easy to maintain!

Old 02-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #23

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeisme View Post
I They are as accuate as any AK can be... They never ftf and easy to maintain!
And THAT is the way to look at an AK.
You're not going to make a ragged hole at 200 yds but they can get it done. Mechanically it's really hard to get one to fail...you have to really work at it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Something that will make the AK fail is lubing it with petroleum based lubricants in below freezing temps add that it gets dirty before the petroleum starts to gum up and things get worse. The Russians figured that out a long time ago on the battle field. It's not infallible but it's damn near close lol

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default ak47 good or bad

Sometime ago i purchased an sar-1 romanian akm. My buddy borrowed it before i knew it he had fired a 30 rd mag through it. I took the gun home and to my amazement as i took it apart to clean it i found it was right full of cosmoline. I'm talking about spoonfuls. The gun never skipped a beat with all that gunk. I never worried or doubted the gun after seeing it fire in those conditions. They really are quite the reliable weapon.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #26

Default AKs are tough

I noticed shortly after getting incountry that a lot of the specops were carrying AKs and was told by a guy "in the know" that they carried them so the VC would not know they were in VC territory. Then I asked a SEAL one day as we ferried the team upriver. He said "Because, unlike th M-16 these work ALL the time. No jams, nothing but bang" that is good enough for me.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default century ak good or bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycrusty View Post
I noticed shortly after getting incountry that a lot of the specops were carrying AKs and was told by a guy "in the know" that they carried them so the VC would not know they were in VC territory. Then I asked a SEAL one day as we ferried the team upriver. He said "Because, unlike th M-16 these work ALL the time. No jams, nothing but bang" that is good enough for me.
your right on" about that. So many of my buddies that were in country used the ak. they told me one is the difference in the sound,not to give them away. And the fact when you pulled the trigger it went bang, no matter what the conditions. If i had to go to another planet i would take an AK with me.