Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)

Have you guys seen the new Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle from Century? They say that it's 100% American Made. I posted a little piece about it and the info I saw on C.A.I.'s website. Check it out and let me know what your thoughts are. It seems pretty cool.

Johnny 5.56: Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)

Last edited by ARnoob; 12-03-2009 at 04:11 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Well, it does sound interesting, although two things make me wonder.

1. The link you provided states that is made from 100% American made parts. Hopefully that mean it's assembled here too???
2. The gentleman posting does refer to some AK owner's hesitancy to go with another Century build. I have never experienced a failure with a Century build, however after shooting AKs manufactured from different makers, I do notice a difference regarding accuracy and comfort to the point that I have sworn that my next AK variant will be from a different builder.

I will definitely wait until more feedback from users is provided and see what the MSRP is before considering this rifle. It does have some appealing factors.

1. The .223 is readily available and manufactured in the U.S.
2. The typical AK platform is a solid, reliable design and can be learned quickly.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Well, it does sound interesting, although two things make me wonder.

1. The link you provided states that is made from 100% American made parts. Hopefully that mean it's assembled here too???
2. The gentleman posting does refer to some AK owner's hesitancy to go with another Century build. I have never experienced a failure with a Century build, however after shooting AKs manufactured from different makers, I do notice a difference regarding accuracy and comfort to the point that I have sworn that my next AK variant will be from a different builder.

I will definitely wait until more feedback from users is provided and see what the MSRP is before considering this rifle. It does have some appealing factors.

1. The .223 is readily available and manufactured in the U.S.
2. The typical AK platform is a solid, reliable design and can be learned quickly.

Yeah, considering that the part's are supposedly all USA made, you'd think that the build would be done here too.

I've never had any trouble with my Century builds, with the exception of a WASR-3, but I think that was due to the poor quality metal used by the Romanian manufacturer Cugir, not C.A.I., so I'd try the new rifle if it's not too expensive.

I hope that more US companies will start making 7.62x39 ammo, and steel cases at that, so that prices will go down and availability up!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Anyone of you guys or gals have one of these? I haven't heard from a single person who owns one.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

That's probably because the gun is pretty much just a plinker, "sporter" or toy. I've seen one in my local shop not move for several months, if that tells you something.

Just get another AK!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

If it was US parts and assembled outside the US, I do not think they could import it. AK's are very easy to assemble, even the monkeys at Century got it right most of the time. He!!, they make them in huts in Pakistan and Afganistan with handtools. How difficult can it be?

Century did not make WASR's. They were imported already assembled. Century did modify the mag wells on some WASR's to take standard AK mags.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-05-2010, 02:26 AM   #7

I am certainly looking forward to picking one of these up as soon as the price drops down a bit, it looks to be very nice quality but can't justify 800 for it yet. I have to say that I do own quite a few century builds and imports even the c93 and cetme all have been 100% reliable and fairly accurate, yeah the finish quality is not top notch but the function great and that's what counts. I can't wait till my local shop gets one in so I can handle it in person

Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I just saw this thread, I got one a few months ago from a dealer who had gotten in 6 a week before & I got #6. He has the best prices for just about any firearm or ammo by the case because he only charges $10 +tax over his cost. He told me that he had sold 12 before he ordered the last 6 and had not had any complaints from anybody who'd bought one.

The parts are all U.S. made and the rifles are also assembled here too. They are excellent rifles. I like the Classic (with wood stock and hand guard) better than the Tactical or Sporter (although I bought the Sporter because the Classic wasn't available at the time).