Carry bag/case options for AK
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Carry bag/case options for AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Carry bag/case options for AK

Looking to pick up a nice case or carry bag for my Lancaster AKM, it's got the original style furniture and normal length barrel. I'm wanting something that will hold 40 round mags as well as the 30 round ones. I've got two Tapco 30rd and two Romanian metal 40rd, and looking for a nice bayonet in a red color to go with the furniture. Anybody got any recommendations on a nice bag or case for the rifle plus gear?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This case from Galati might work. The forward
compartment should be able to hold two 40's.

Galati International Online: Premium XT Rifle Case - 37 inch - OD - Galati Gear

Old 09-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Look around your area for some of these:

Allen Pocket Assault Rifle Cases. 1063, 1065. Allen Gun Storage.

I've used the Allen products for a while, they seem to hold up pretty well.

Slo

Old 09-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #4

Both of those look like decent options. Thanks. Since I dropped this post, I was also reading where somebody tried out a Fender guitar bag that looked like a possibility.

Thanks for the help, guys. I've heard tell of a nice bag by Assault Systems, I believe it was, that(so I heard) would hold 40s in the exterior mag pockets. Anybody tried one?

Old 09-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

SNEAKY BAGS - MEDIUM COVERT RIFLE BAG - 37" - FITS FIXED STOCK AK, OR 16 INCH M4 - Sneaky-COVERT-MED

Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #6

I like that one too, probably never pry the dollars out of my wife's fist, though...

Thanks. I didn't see that Assault Systems one I was talking about on their page. Probably bad info. I do like that Galati bag, wish they had the tan color one in 37". Not like the color really matters, but style is nice when you can get it. And that Allen is thick, cheap and has a lot of pockets.

Been thinking about working up a design for my sister-in-law, she's a saddle maker, nice tooled leather could be cool.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Rambler View Post
I like that one too, probably never pry the dollars out of my wife's fist, though...

Thanks. I didn't see that Assault Systems one I was talking about on their page. Probably bad info. I do like that Galati bag, wish they had the tan color one in 37". Not like the color really matters, but style is nice when you can get it. And that Allen is thick, cheap and has a lot of pockets.

Been thinking about working up a design for my sister-in-law, she's a saddle maker, nice tooled leather could be cool.
That sounds like the way to go. Use two inch foam on the
inside and have leather tie-downs. Could probably make
some dollars selling those.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://www.ar15tacticalaccessories.com/gearbags/bulldog/dualar15cases.htm

http://www.popguns.com/guncases/default.htm

Might also help to get an idea of what you are looking for...as far as style, price, etc.

Slo

Old 09-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #9

These packs are pretty cool, we used to use them in South America. This, or something very similar, are standard issue for the Honduran Ranger battalion. It's great for carrying a shotgun in, or swapping your main rifle out to use the shotgun for close work on setups like labs or bunkers. You can run your AW on a three point and just let go of it to grab the secondary.

Eberlestock Gunslinger Backpack systems

It's easy to modify the scabbard pocket by tearing a seam and re-sewing it so you can just take it out and stick it back without a huge amount of effort, but it still holds the weapon fairly securely. As long as you're not banging the stock off of trees and rocks all the time, it's a really convenient item. There's a couple of these pockets that will just barely take an AK or small Streetsweeper drum. And you can reach into the main cavity from the side, so you can carry flares, mags, pistol, canteen or a full size Streetsweeper drum. Or if you're like some of those Honduran dudes, all of the above plus cheese and wine.

You can also drop in a Camelback bladder, for water when you've got to put some distance on without stopping.

This is going to be my main scramble bag for bugging out when SHTF.

'preciate the link, there. I've been missing mine ever since I got out and the shippers "lost" it, along with my Glock 20, the Javelina and some other nifty stuff...

Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #10

Eberstock packs are the best ones i've ever owned. I have the Terminator, and choose not to go with the scabbard. I like having the extra room. My hennessy hammock fits nicely into it.