Can anyone help me out on what this would be worth if I sold it?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Can anyone help me out on what this would be worth if I sold it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Can anyone help me out on what this would be worth if I sold it?

I dont know much about it,I bought it about 10yrs ago at a gun show,can remember what I paid for it,but I think about $400? But I only took it out once and it sat in my gun cabinet ever since and I could use some money and just was wondering what would it go for in todays maret.

On one side it says A.C.C. Int/intrac
Knox. TN.
EGYPT
OTHER Side
RPM SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE
Caliber 7.62x39
MAADI COMPANY
made in egypt.
It comes with 3-30rd mags.
Bipod
screw on muzzle flash,black composite stocks/forgrip
and it has a scope somewhere not in pic.
If anyone could give me any info on this gun,or a value of it,I would appreciate it,Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #2

Any guestimations?
maybe $200-$300 or $300-$500?

Old 08-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

if you payed $400 for it, my guess would be the price has only gone up. especially in today's gun market.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:09 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anything with the Maadi factory stamp on it is worth a pretty penny and decently saught after amung the AK-47 community. the RPM may not be the highest but it is still a high quality rifle for an AK-47 style rifle.
The short and skinny of it is that the Maadi factory had connections to the Russian manufacturers and got several rifles from them. As most know the Russians are who designed the AK-47 so why not have a rifle made by the people who designed it?

Unfortunately you or someone else had added several extras which takes away from the price you could get for the original Maadi RPM which is around $800 from the auctions I've seen on them.
If you have the wood furniture it came with it could be sold for a bit less than $800 but without it I'd say about $600-700.
I'm not an FFL or anyone that has much authority on prices for these things I'm just letting you know what I've seen and know about how the AK-47 market goes since I've done a good bit of research on them.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'm thinking that 8 bills is way too high, but maybe just me. It is a shooter, not a safe queen. I've seen others that are similar go for around $300 and a bit less. The only Maadi's I've seen go for over $400 have been in great condition with the original furniture. Excellent condition (great wood) are worth a whole bunch more. Plastic furniture without the original sights and looking like that...probably around three bills in fairness.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It really all depends on where you sell the thing. I've seen FFLs sell an AKs for $500 easy and they were the WASR-10/63s. Here in Louisiana a Maadi goes for about $600 and some change at the gun shows, but i hear is worth it for the quality. $800 is a bit pricey but that's if you're selling in a thin market and more than likely to a collector.
I'll trade you my truck gun Wasr-10/63 for it J/K I wouldnt do that to you.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.