California Options for a Saiga SGL26 -61
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > California Options for a Saiga SGL26 -61

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default California Options for a Saiga SGL26 -61

I just purchased this firearm and am looking for some recommendations on aftermarket parts that are California legal. Specifically I would like to change the stock but am not aware of the California limitations. I think that the rifle has to be 26" with the stock at its most collapsible position. If this is so, are there any suggestions on things that can make this firearm any better. So far, it has been better than expected.

Any help is appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2468 Times on 1726 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

The best addition I think would be a side mounted monorail base plate for optics. (If not already there)

For roughly $100 the rifle can be modified to take regulation mags, but I doubt the cap limit will allow them. Most Saigas could use a trigger job, if you want maximum precision from the bench.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecrtSqurl View Post
I just purchased this firearm and am looking for some recommendations on aftermarket parts that are California legal. Specifically I would like to change the stock but am not aware of the California limitations. I think that the rifle has to be 26" with the stock at its most collapsible position. If this is so, are there any suggestions on things that can make this firearm any better. So far, it has been better than expected.

Any help is appreciated.
I believe the CA Law is 30" minimum OAL, so with a side folding stock almost all AK's need a 4" barrell extension.

BTW does your Arsenal/FIME group have a bayonet lug?

Lover of Cold War Era guns, from both sides

Last edited by snyder77; 04-08-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:14 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder77 View Post
I believe the CA Law is 30" minimum OAL, so with a side folding stock almost all AK's need a 4" barrell extension.

BTW does your Arsenal/FIME group have a bayonet lug?
Yes it does have the bayonet lug. It also has the side mount for optics.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecrtSqurl View Post
Yes it does have the bayonet lug. It also has the side mount for optics.
off,don't have a fore grip attached to your rifle, and you put on a pistol grip kydex wrap, then you wouldn't need the bullet button/rad-lock. your rifle would be considered a featureless rifle. so you wouldn't need a bullet button/rad-lock and you can use any size magazine in your rifle. 30 rounders/75 round drums would be legal to use in your rifle.

kydex pistol grip wraps
http://shop.solartactical.com/AK-SAIGA-SERIES_c34.htm

EDIT:use that flowchart and you can determine what you can do to your rifle while keeping it legal or featureless. If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Lover of Cold War Era guns, from both sides

Last edited by snyder77; 04-16-2014 at 09:28 PM.