Cai pap zastava m70 q&a
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Cai pap zastava m70 q&a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

What's some opinions on this rifle?

I bought one at a gun show and I really like this weapon it is a very well made kalashnikov matching serials and has original heavy RPK barrel. I have heard that the trunnion on this is weak because of the double stack conversion but I have also been informed that the rifle is made already double stack in the factory, CAI only does the .922R compliant conversions that is required. As well I would like to know if the bolt is made for this M70 double stack or is it the same bolt as the EAA sporter uses for the single stack?

image-532765663.jpg   image-1934496161.jpg   image-2611245258.jpg  

Last edited by fivefourfiveX39; 08-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quite strange.This is not a ''Kalashnikov'' it is AK derivate(It is not the same, even because the M70 is much better than the AKM(Modernized AK).

To answer to you question, I should see more pictures of the barrel and the bolt.
Btw:RPK barrel on a M70?!?!Why the hell should they do that?!The RPK barrel is inferior to the original M70 barrel made by Zastava Arms!

Old 08-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one. It's well built (everything fits snug) and quite accurate.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeuropeangoth
Quite strange.This is not a ''Kalashnikov'' it is AK derivate(It is not the same, even because the M70 is much better than the AKM(Modernized AK).

To answer to you question, I should see more pictures of the barrel and the bolt.
Btw:RPK barrel on a M70?!?!Why the hell should they do that?!The RPK barrel is inferior to the original M70 barrel made by Zastava Arms!
How is the new barrel inferior it's .618 in diameter and cold hammer forged? That's far from being a piece of **** or AKA in your words inferior.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not an RPK barrel, a heavy barrel like a PolyTech and in a reinforced recvr for grenade launching.

Yugos have a history of being ready to support grenade launching in their modern rifles.
Versions of their SKS have grenade-launching support built-in, as do the M70AB series with the launch sights/gas valve; just add the launcher flashhider off of a Yugo SKS.

Pre - or post-breakup, the Yugoslavs have a rich history in small arms and marksmanship.

The NEW Zastava PAPs are arsenal-made AKM-derivatives from what is now Serbia, and are built using factory barrels, reinforced rcvrs, but with narrow trunnions, single-stack bolts, and are not cut-out for double-wide mags.

They're imported, 922'd, and hi-capped in-country.

MANY have had no probs with single-wide bolts and double-wide mags. They are outstanding guns. If you missed the boat on the Century M70AB1 parts-kit-guns - here is your (possibly last) chance to own a "Yugo".

Old 08-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have talked to troy sellers at in-range and making it double stack does not weaken the trunnion and as well talked to a smith at c.a.i and he said the inside has been modified to feed the double stacks with the single stack bolt.