Buying in CT and MA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Buying in CT and MA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default Buying in CT and MA

I am going to a gun show on March 12th, and was wondering, can a WASR 10 style rifle or Polish Tantal style rifle be bought without a bayonet lug in either CT or MA?

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
I am going to a gun show on March 12th, and was wondering, can a WASR 10 style rifle or Polish Tantal style rifle be bought without a bayonet lug in either CT or MA?
FIRST, you can probably get a better answer on northeastshooters.com

SECOND, confusing question. Maybe elaborate a little more? Are you a resident of MA or CT? I'm assuming your going to the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, MA?

Heres what the BATFE says about your twisted question:

"A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides."

"Generally, a licensee may sell firearms at a gun show located only in the same State as that specified on the seller’s license. However, a licensee may sell curio or relic firearms to another licensee at any location."

Buy whatever someone will sell you, just make sure its MA compliant or CT compliant when the BATFE knocks on your door.

BTW, IANYL!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Just a thought, everyone should stop buying things from Ct. to show their opposition to the 1094 bill now pending.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Just a thought, everyone should stop buying things from Ct. to show their opposition to the 1094 bill now pending.
Its a thought. I'd like to see someone stop/slow sales from Colt and Ruger.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

dnthm you're right, thats the gun show I'm going to, its the one at the Big E right? I don't like CT's politics much either, but luckily for me I'm going to school in Georgia I was just wondering, because I have been looking for a centerfire target rifle and was planning on giving the gun show a good once over.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:19 AM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Its a thought. I'd like to see someone stop/slow sales from Colt and Ruger.
I meant those living in Ct to boycott., but you're right. Ct buyers are probably a very small percentage of the national sales. The only ones that it would hurt would be those who live in the state. Everyone else in the country will still be able to have whatever they want so they would keep ordering as usual.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.