Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Buying in CT and MA (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/buying-ct-ma-39277/)

easterner123 03-03-2011 10:04 PM

Buying in CT and MA

I am going to a gun show on March 12th, and was wondering, can a WASR 10 style rifle or Polish Tantal style rifle be bought without a bayonet lug in either CT or MA?

dnthmn2004 03-03-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easterner123 (Post 457067)
I am going to a gun show on March 12th, and was wondering, can a WASR 10 style rifle or Polish Tantal style rifle be bought without a bayonet lug in either CT or MA?

FIRST, you can probably get a better answer on northeastshooters.com

SECOND, confusing question. Maybe elaborate a little more? Are you a resident of MA or CT? I'm assuming your going to the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, MA?

Heres what the BATFE says about your twisted question:

"A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides."

"Generally, a licensee may sell firearms at a gun show located only in the same State as that specified on the seller’s license. However, a licensee may sell curio or relic firearms to another licensee at any location."

Buy whatever someone will sell you, just make sure its MA compliant or CT compliant when the BATFE knocks on your door.

BTW, IANYL!!!!

Car54 03-04-2011 12:08 AM

Just a thought, everyone should stop buying things from Ct. to show their opposition to the 1094 bill now pending.

dnthmn2004 03-04-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car54 (Post 457135)
Just a thought, everyone should stop buying things from Ct. to show their opposition to the 1094 bill now pending.

Its a thought. I'd like to see someone stop/slow sales from Colt and Ruger. :rolleyes:

easterner123 03-04-2011 09:19 PM

dnthm you're right, thats the gun show I'm going to, its the one at the Big E right? I don't like CT's politics much either, but luckily for me I'm going to school in Georgia :cool: I was just wondering, because I have been looking for a centerfire target rifle and was planning on giving the gun show a good once over.

Car54 03-05-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 (Post 457181)
Its a thought. I'd like to see someone stop/slow sales from Colt and Ruger. :rolleyes:

I meant those living in Ct to boycott., but you're right. Ct buyers are probably a very small percentage of the national sales. The only ones that it would hurt would be those who live in the state. Everyone else in the country will still be able to have whatever they want so they would keep ordering as usual.