Buying a Century Arms Ak 74
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Buying a Century Arms Ak 74

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buying a Century Arms Ak 74

hey i was wondering if anyone had bought the century arms ak 74 from jg sales and what there comments on this weapon were. I want to buy a decently cheap assualt rifle accurate to around 200 yards that i can afford the ammo too. But also is brutuly reliable. So i found that the ak 74 seemed to be a good choice. So has anyone had this weapon i heard they had there problems back in the day but they have straitened them out now. Also the one i was looking at had the nodak spud 2 reciever which i heard was the one too have. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #2

I purchased a Bulgarian AK-74 from Centerfire Systems (Nodak Spud 2 and a Tapco trigger) and it took all of about 30 seconds for ti to become one of my favorite rifles. I put an inexpensive scope (my old eyes need the glass) and siderail mount on it and routinely shoot about 2 inches at 100 yards with the silver bear or the even cheaper surplus Russian stuff. I've got some Wolf that I want to run through it and I've been trying to track down some of the Hornady stuff that's supposed to be floating around.

I have yet to have an failure to fire, feed or eject, and I have to tell you I'm pretty rough with my firearms. If it can't handle the abuse I don't want it.

This is a solid, no frills, inexpensive rifle thats better than the price tag would indicate.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #3

I haven't had any problems out of mine. It shoots great and looks great. It is a blast, ammo is relatively cheap, and it is easy to field strip and clean.