"Burp" firing

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > "Burp" firing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default "Burp" firing

I have a Hesse that I have owned for a little over 2-years or so. Lately I have been having an issue known as "burp" firing. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's where it will fire shots back-to-back then not fire. Normally is because the firing pin doesn't get sat back. I have cleaned it out the firing pin and bolt. The problem will not go away. This is something that has started recently. I was wondering if any of the senior members on this board know if Hesse used Bulgarian. I tried using a Romanian WASR 10/63 parts kit. Nothing matched up. So I had searched and seen a Bulgarian parts kit and that bolt was merely a twin to mine. I am asking if anyone knows because it gets really strange, Bulgarian mags won't fit in my magwell and I am just wanting to re-build my baby back to a good running order. Thanks, to anyone who can help me out.

*I know all of the bad things of Hesse. I am just really wanting to re-build this love of mine.*

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #2

The problem is fixed. I was told by some people to clean out the firing pin. It didn't start until I used the surplus ammo. I cleaned out the pin with solutions and a pin needle to break out the "caking".

Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Perhaps they make an "updated" firing pin for your weapon, as they do for the SKS's.

http://www.murraysguns.com/sksown.htm

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Perhaps they make an "updated" firing pin for your weapon, as they do for the SKS's.

http://www.murraysguns.com/sksown.htm
Perhaps. I I do have more springs and internals than a normal pin. Oh well. Like I mentioned, she works fine now that I got all the gunk out of it. I didn't know it was that bad off. Thanks for the read though! I never knew that.