Bump fire speed - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Bump fire speed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittsam159 View Post
Ryguy: I'm firing from a normal firing position with the stock held away from my shoulder. No slide fire stock just putting forward pressure on the hand guard and letting the gun rest on my trigger hand. I'm not having problems getting it to bump fire I can get it to go through an entire Mag no prob I'm just wondering if polishing the bolt or changing trigger groups will affect ROF.
Hmm, well if you're able to do mag dumps, I doubt polishing etc will give you much of a noticable difference. There is a trick I've seen on youtube using a rubber band that may help you. You hook the rubber band to the trigger, loop around the trigger guard, and back to the trigger. Basically, it will make the trigger reset faster. You could give it a try and see if it is the fix you're looking for.

To the rest of you haters, it's his gun and his right to shoot it however he likes. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Saying NOBODY should do it because YOU don't like it is the same "logic" used by the anti-gunners. Shut the hell up.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittsam159
Because I know how to use the weapon proficiently. I didn't buy a wasr to make long range shots. I bought it so I could have fun burning through cheap ammo. And I don't mess anything up for people at ranges because I don't shoot rapid fire or full autos at the range I shoot those on my own property. This is going a lot like my aforementioned previous thread with a lot of people replying with absolutely no useful information.
This post proves my point.

When was the last time you ran any drills on a timer or took a accredited class?

Put more time into running your firearm properly and you'll see a vast improvement in speed. You'll look back and laugh at yourself for ever saying the phrase, bump fire.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #13

Liked 69 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 39

To speed up your bump fire rounds per min. you need to buy a adjustable trigger like this one.
http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=b log&id=11&Itemid=25
It is cheaper than a bump stock!
The reason the speed stays the same is because of the amount of trigger travel needed to release the trigger for the next round.
If the trigger pull is lighter & shorter travel it will take less time for the recoil of the gun to reset the trigger. And less pressure to fire the next round.
It will also allow you to bump from the shoulder with a little practice, giving you more control & accuracy.
Who says there is "absolutely no useful information" on here?
Go for it bump all you can!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #14

Likes Given: 4

To the rest of you haters, it's his gun and his right to shoot it however he likes. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Saying NOBODY should do it because YOU don't like it is the same "logic" used by the anti-gunners. Shut the hell up. - Thanks RYGUY glad not everybody on here acts like that. @MIkejk- I have no problem firing plenty fast on semi, i run drills all the time (for fun, im not planning on being in combat), I have taken accredited carbine classes and handgun classes and can outshoot anybody i've shot with on handguns, and my dad was a drill instructor and foreign weapons instructor in the military for 20 years, and I regularly get paid to do detail cleanings on guns. Don't comment on what I do or my level of proficiency until you actually know anything about me. I can make 1000 yard 1 MOA shots on my 700 all day and i can hit coke cans 9/10 times at 75 yards with my 1911. To the guy that said make the shots count I AM NOT IN COMBAT THE SHOTS NEVER COUNT- As for the helpful people thanks, some people don't realize this is America where you are allowed to have fun. I'm definitely going to try the rubber band. I also discovered a small bur on the top of the hammer on the bevel that the bolt slides on. Ill try grinding that and see if it smooths out the action a little. THANKS GO TO 7.62man and RYGUY

Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittsam159 View Post
To the rest of you haters, it's his gun and his right to shoot it however he likes. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Saying NOBODY should do it because YOU don't like it is the same "logic" used by the anti-gunners. Shut the hell up. - Thanks RYGUY glad not everybody on here acts like that. @MIkejk- I have no problem firing plenty fast on semi, i run drills all the time (for fun, im not planning on being in combat), I have taken accredited carbine classes and handgun classes and can outshoot anybody i've shot with on handguns, and my dad was a drill instructor and foreign weapons instructor in the military for 20 years, and I regularly get paid to do detail cleanings on guns. Don't comment on what I do or my level of proficiency until you actually know anything about me. I can make 1000 yard 1 MOA shots on my 700 all day and i can hit coke cans 9/10 times at 75 yards with my 1911. To the guy that said make the shots count I AM NOT IN COMBAT THE SHOTS NEVER COUNT- As for the helpful people thanks, some people don't realize this is America where you are allowed to have fun. I'm definitely going to try the rubber band. I also discovered a small bur on the top of the hammer on the bevel that the bolt slides on. Ill try grinding that and see if it smooths out the action a little. THANKS GO TO 7.62man and RYGUY

Sure.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #16

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

bullittsam159, that's some high speed stuff. You should get into competition.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #17

Likes Given: 4

Like i've said. I do this for fun. I don't have any interest in competition. I used to compete in skeet and I never did well and never had much fun. Also, nothing i said was a lie, I didn't make any attempt to brag until my skill level was brought into question. Thanks again for the help to the people that tried to help.