buffers and sight tools
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > buffers and sight tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default buffers and sight tools

There are a few kinds of buffers that Ive looked at for my saiga 7.62x39. Ive seen Wilson combat, black jack, one thats called 'power custom ak buffer?' and buffer technologies. The wilson combat and buffer tech. is $15 and the other two are $10. Also should I go with the more expensive c-clamp sight tool(which is $15) or a is the $10 one sufficient?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #2

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjj342 View Post
There are a few kinds of buffers that Ive looked at for my saiga 7.62x39. Ive seen Wilson combat, black jack, one thats called 'power custom ak buffer?' and buffer technologies. The wilson combat and buffer tech. is $15 and the other two are $10. Also should I go with the more expensive c-clamp sight tool(which is $15) or a is the $10 one sufficient?
IIRC some state how many shots they are generally good for before they wear out.
I still don't have one, But I may get one next time I order some stuff from Midway

As for the C clamp tool, I say get the cheaper one, How many times do you expect to use it, My $.02

Old 03-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default you were right

I used my sight tool a couple times and got my sights zeroed. I may use it again when I sight in for 50 and 100 yds. I found the cheap one from DPHarms and it worked very well for elevation and windage.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

A combo tool is a must have for any new AK, glad you got it dialed in.

As far as recoil buffers, I've heard mixed reviews, some say it messes up the harmonics of the action and caused wear in other places. Then there are those that believe it'll reduce wear on the carrier and rear trunnion, due to the AK being over-gassed, which is one of the properties that contribute to it's reliability.

I've bought the buffers, but have yet to install them. I believe they last a couple thousand rounds, but not too sure.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default My buffer broke

I bought a blackjack buffer because is seems a little thinner than the others I saw. Well after about 200rds it broke, right across the top. Randy at blackjack replaced it for me for 2 bucks. Real good customer service. What Diggs said makes sense. But I really like the way my gun doesnt smack steel on steel when Im shooting. Im happy with the product, that is if it lasts me a little while longer this time.

1st-range-results-005.jpg  

Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[As far as recoil buffers, I've heard mixed reviews, some say it messes up the harmonics of the action and caused wear in other places. Then there are those that believe it'll reduce wear on the carrier and rear trunnion, due to the AK being over-gassed, which is one of the properties that contribute to it's reliability.

Im not sure which one of these statements is correct. I think they both may be to a certain degree. Theres no telling except for a 5000rd shoot off and inspection, One ak with a buffer and one without.
Being as my buffer is around 7/16"thick theres not much its stopping other than contact. Ive heard the thicker buffers can make your cycling unreliable by stopping the action too soon. Who knows, I use one and like it, some dont, and thats cool too.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #7

Likes Given: 2

I bought a buffer from midway a few weeks ago, Uses my AK a bit last weekend, I guess I better inspect it, I bought the cheapest one.
I dont recall any issues while shooting, My shooting partner loved it!
Its nice to ghear about good CS, Thanks for the update.