Bore brush? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Bore brush?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
When I use a copper barrel brush, I go one way down the barrel and then I unscrew it and pull the rod out. Good way to do itHowever I've also used soft nylon toothbrushes to scrub (back and forth) the barrel's entrance, would you say this damages a stainless steel barrel? Nah. Pumping a brass brush back and forth INSIDE the bore ruins the brush. Toothbrush will not hurt your bore. Many ARs, SKSs, and AKs are chromed bore- and although VERY hard, you CAN scuff it up with a METALLIC brush that is misused. That's why I suggested nylon bore brush. Although if you grab the WRONG toothbrush, your wife may want to know why her brush tastes like Hoppes and CLP.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"