Best sks made? In your opinion...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Best sks made? In your opinion...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Best sks made? In your opinion...

I have a Russian a Chinese and 2 yugos the Russian and chinese just seem to be better parts and i only bought the yugo's because they were 150 bucks lol took them apart the numbers arnt all matching but no matter i used them as the guns i cutomized anyways what do you all think

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #2

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Bought my Russian off an Army buddy back in 96 for $75.00. Shot a few Chinese and Yugo's that belong to friends and didn't notice much difference in handling. My Russian groups better than the others which is to be expected. The quality control in Russian factories was much higher. They were still being built by folks in the mid to late 50's who remebered the "Great Patriotic War" WWII, and wanted thier commrades armed with the best. Most Yugo's and Chinese guns were turned out in mass quantities for the sporting market and fit and finish shows the level of speed/untrained hands that turned them out.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #3

Default ya

the yugo has the grenade front and sight thats the only cool part about them the grouping is way off on them tho

Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #4

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Yep
My Russian will put 5 rounds into 4" at 200 yards, a little better than 1.5 MOA
My friends YOGO will barely hold 4" at 100 yards.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Russian #1
CHICOM #2

Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #6

It depends upon what appeals most to you, if you handle the three main types.

A Russian will cost more, but for similar (lower) prices, without a doubt the Norinco is a carbine compared to the Yugo with its grenade launcher.
This extends the c.g. a good bit further out, and some have suffered corrosion near gas valves.

It just seems that a 7.62x39 rifle should be as simple to carry between/under trees and hold horizontally as other carbines. And practical walking in a home, garage, or pushing into a car trunk just before dinner time, with no clumsy manuevering required, which adds scratches to metal or wood (i.e. MN 91/30).

A Yugo with the launcher removed, blade bayo and operationally normal parts might be perfect, if priced like a Norinco.

Last edited by Laufer; 04-05-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
It depends upon what appeals most to you, if you handle the three main types.

A Russian will cost more, but for similar (lower) prices, without a doubt the Norinco is a carbine compared to the Yugo with its grenade launcher.
This extends the c.g. a good bit further out, and some have suffered corrosion near gas valves.

It just seems that a 7.62x39 rifle should be as simple to carry between/under trees and hold horizontally as other carbines. And practical walking in a home, garage, or pushing into a car trunk just before dinner time, with no clumsy manuevering required, which adds scratches to metal or wood (i.e. MN 91/30).

A Yugo with the launcher removed, blade bayo and operationally normal parts might be perfect, if priced like a Norinco.
mine still have the grenade stuff on it i think

Old 04-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
<snip>

If priced like a Norinco - you're definately overpaying for a Yugo. The Yugos tend to be the cheapest of all the SKS, unlike the long-banned-from-import CHICOM guns.

AKAIK, the Romanian, Russian, Albanian, and Yugo SKS can all still be imported as they are C&R guns.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #9

Norinco's are junk and usually over priced. I have a yugo I bought because it was cheap and I was only buying it to plink with but it ended up being a very good shooting gun. Good group and again alot of fun to shoot and no ploblems at all.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytooday View Post
Norinco's are junk and usually over priced. I have a yugo I bought because it was cheap and I was only buying it to plink with but it ended up being a very good shooting gun. Good group and again alot of fun to shoot and no ploblems at all.
Norincos are junk??? WTH did you come up with this dribble. I have a Norinco that I bought back in the day for $75 brand new. With the Norincos you got a truly new gun as these were made for the US commercial market. They were not refurbed or rebuilt worn out old mil issue rifles. That seems to be one of the attractions and draw backs to the Yugos. They actually were issued rifles and have legit wear and tear. Some Yugos are just worn out junk. Some "have character".

My Norinco will shoot as well as any Russian I have ever seen.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball