best brand of ammo? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > best brand of ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

PRIVI partizan ammo is cheap over here, theres nothing wrong with it apart from some boxes of it have two holes were the primer sits, so you use a special tool to remove the primer, the one hole cases do reload great.
My voere 308 does not eject well with privi cases,but my saiga loves them.
Each rifle to their own

more reloading means more quality weapons

Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #32

Default A Couple of Questions

Can someone explain to me the difference in lacquer coated and poly coated ammo, like what is the purpose of being coated, which type is better and how does coating affect your rifle? I have a Yugo Sk and have fired Tula and Golden Tiger with no probs at all. I have fired Wolf 9mm in my Glock, even shot a couple of mags thru an S2K I used to own and never had any probs with it. Don't know about Wolf 7.62 but was think about trying some Wolf Military Classic.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor353
Can someone explain to me the difference in lacquer coated and poly coated ammo, like what is the purpose of being coated, which type is better and how does coating affect your rifle? I have a Yugo Sk and have fired Tula and Golden Tiger with no probs at all. I have fired Wolf 9mm in my Glock, even shot a couple of mags thru an S2K I used to own and never had any probs with it. Don't know about Wolf 7.62 but was think about trying some Wolf Military Classic.
Steel ammo without any kind of coating would rust very quickly. Hence the coating. Back in the day pretty much all steel cased ammo was lacquer coated. The problem it present is that when the chamber gets hot, the lacquer CAN melt and cause a buildup. Another problem I've heard of is leaving a round in a hot chamber, the chamber cooling off and the round getting stuck. Whether that an actually happen I'm not entirely sure.

But that is why most companies have recently switched to a poly coating.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"