Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > best brand of ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I think there was probably a different reason behind your problem. A good AR will fire steel case ammo w/ no problems. I know because thats almost all I use in mine.
Im looking into it

Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #12

Stainless steel cases and load your own, the steel cases easy clean and if you load your own you can get a low burn powder to save all the mess and you can melt your own bullet heads to suit your own weight of bullet heads for different types of shooting.

This also saves you money to improve you weapon.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #13

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234 View Post
Stainless steel cases and load your own, the steel cases easy clean and if you load your own you can get a low burn powder to save all the mess and you can melt your own bullet heads to suit your own weight of bullet heads for different types of shooting.

This also saves you money to improve you weapon.
Stainless steel cases, bullet heads...... I've heard it all. I can now die knowing I've lived a complete life.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Stainless steel cases, bullet heads...... I've heard it all. I can now die knowing I've lived a complete life.
Yes, all that time reloading makes the range trip worth while and its better than factory ammo

Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1660 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 529

Where pray tell do you get these stainless steel cases? I have been using lowly brass to reload for the past 40+ years. I have been looking into plastic though.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Where pray tell do you get these stainless steel cases? I have been using lowly brass to reload for the past 40+ years. I have been looking into plastic though.
my local gun shop stocks them, try magtech, i have to buy them already loaded, shoot them and then reload them.

plastic, that sounds great, apart from 12 gauge and 410 plastic shells, i have not heard of rifle bullets loaded in plastic cases, or do you know better ?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234 View Post
my local gun shop stocks them, try magtech, i have to buy them already loaded, shoot them and then reload them.

plastic, that sounds great, apart from 12 gauge and 410 plastic shells, i have not heard of rifle bullets loaded in plastic cases, or do you know better ?
To my knowledge there are no such things as Stainless Cases. I know for a fact that the regular steel cases are very tough on dies and shouldn't really be used (plus most of them are berdan primed anyhow). The cases you're talking about are probably nickel.

On a side note, unless you're buying the more expensive brass cased ammo, it isn't worth it to reload for 7.62x39. The steel cased stuff is so cheap it would cost you more to reload it.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #18

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

What the clown is referring to, is nickel plated brass.

So this reference of stainless steel casings, and referring to projectiles as "bullet heads" so strongly enforces the idea that this guy doesn't know an F'ing thing about guns, ammo, or reloading.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #19

yes us clowns call silver coloured brass stainless, i did not mean solid stainless,
So sorry for the confussion and this guy does know how to reload, bacause when i started out i got all sorts of help and tips from reloaders all over the world, which i am gratefull for, so thankyou all.

I enjoy reloading when its quite and you dont get bothered, i enjoy reloading as much as shooting, reloading does take time to learn and is a art.

cheers chris

Old 10-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
LOL!!!