the best all around SKS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > the best all around SKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default the best all around SKS

Taking into consideration barrel life, durability, quality and overall accuracy, what's the best all around SKS to get. I've seen some nice looking Yugo SKS rifle for around $180.

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Best SKS?

Hello ARNoob

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I've owned a Different countries SKS, the Chinese ( Most Common years ago), the Russian (Most are Milled steel and feel smooth), a Few Yugo, a Milled steel receiver as well, but many times not as Smooth as the Russian, sold an Albanian for another fellow! The Best???? Hmm, I see most those SKS I've seen to be prety close! I liked the Feel and "Fit" of the Russian SKS, but we sat down one weekend and shot a bunch! We had 3 Chinese Norenco Models, a few Russian, a few Albanian, The Yugo was not common then, and the fact was, though some felt and were perhaps better made and smoother, at 100, 150 and 200 yards, thier was not a 1/2" difference between the lot? I say, if ya like the Yugo, Grab it! If you wait, it might be gone and a lot of what was once coom, is not a get it while ya can deal? The Yugo sometimes are still covered in Cosmiline and a pian to clean off! Make sure no matter what SKS you get, Buy a good cleaning kiyt and break it down and make sure it's clean and all the grease or cosmiline is out of critical area's, Like th Gas Tube and off the gas piston? No greater way to turn a semi-auto into a heavy single shot then to let all that gunk harden up and gunk up your gas operation! If you have other questions, ASK, I know many will try to help you all we can?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The biggest drawback to the Yugo is the excess junk on most of them and the lack of chrome lining.

Russians are the best quality IMO.

However, I prefer the Paratrooper Norinco models with the short barrels.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for your help guys! I'll let my brothers know.