Best AK muzzle brake for under 25 bucks?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Best AK muzzle brake for under 25 bucks?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salt lake,Utah
Posts: 88
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Best AK muzzle brake for under 25 bucks?

Whats the best AK muzzle brake for under 25 bucks to reduce muzzle flip?

__________________
wolverine_173 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
coba29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 57
Default

Flip? You mean rise? That's a good question I've been looking at quite a few but haven't found anything nice for under 35

__________________
coba29 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salt lake,Utah
Posts: 88
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coba29 View Post
Flip? You mean rise? That's a good question I've been looking at quite a few but haven't found anything nice for under 35
Then under 35 as well
__________________
wolverine_173 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FCross7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,017
Default

What's the size and pitch of your muzzle threads? Are they 14mmx1 LH, or 24mmx1.5?

-Fred

__________________

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

FCross7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salt lake,Utah
Posts: 88
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
What's the size and pitch of your muzzle threads? Are they 14mmx1 LH, or 24mmx1.5?

-Fred
gun is a wasr 10 ak
__________________
wolverine_173 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FCross7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine_173 View Post
gun is a wasr 10 ak
Should be M14x1.0 LH then. You have a ton of different options. As far as brakes go, most people use the AK-74 style brake. They are very effective and are within your price range. Here are a couple that MidwayUSA has:

Muzzle Brake M14x1.0 LH Thread Pre-Ban AK-47 AK-74 Steel Blue

AK-74 Style Muzzle Brake M14x1.0 LH Thread AK-47 AK-74 Steel Blue

The only other that comes to mind is the brake put out by Primary Weapons Systems called the J-Tac. It's much smaller than the 74 style, and is supposed to work as well, but is more than double the cost.

2-PWSAKJ762 - Primary Weapons Systems, J-Tac47 Compensator, AK-47, 7.62X39

You may be able to shop around and find these cheaper elsewhere, or even find others that you like. These two are just the ones that come to mind.

Hope that helps.

-Fred
__________________

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

FCross7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salt lake,Utah
Posts: 88
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Should be M14x1.0 LH then. You have a ton of different options. As far as brakes go, most people use the AK-74 style brake. They are very effective and are within your price range. Here are a couple that MidwayUSA has:

Muzzle Brake M14x1.0 LH Thread Pre-Ban AK-47 AK-74 Steel Blue

AK-74 Style Muzzle Brake M14x1.0 LH Thread AK-47 AK-74 Steel Blue

The only other that comes to mind is the brake put out by Primary Weapons Systems called the J-Tac. It's much smaller than the 74 style, and is supposed to work as well, but is more than double the cost.

2-PWSAKJ762 - Primary Weapons Systems, J-Tac47 Compensator, AK-47, 7.62X39

You may be able to shop around and find these cheaper elsewhere, or even find others that you like. These two are just the ones that come to mind.

Hope that helps.

-Fred
the first two brakes do they have threads on them? my barrel is theaded and the view of these doesn't show threads are they just on the other side? and there are several on amazon.com if you type in ak muzzle brake are they any good?
__________________
wolverine_173 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine_173 View Post
the first two brakes do they have threads on them? my barrel is theaded and the view of these doesn't show threads are they just on the other side? and there are several on amazon.com if you type in ak muzzle brake are they any good?
They have female threads.

I wouldn't think Amazon is a great place to go for real firearm parts. There's stories out there of people getting airsoft stuff.
__________________
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mrpbrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
Default

Buy the tapco slant break. Everyone gives it crap because its tapco, but if you spend your $13 on it, you won't be mad. It helps a ton and as far as muzzle climb while shooting, dig in to your rifle and really put your weight behind it. That'll help the most.

__________________
Mrpbrute is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
muzzle brake powg Gunsmithing Forum 5 02-18-2011 01:25 AM
.50 BMG muzzle brake...on a .22 zhuk The Club House 1 10-28-2010 10:42 PM
muzzle brake on .308? n_andonovski General Rifle Discussion 5 09-17-2010 03:24 PM
MAK 90 Muzzle Brake Nate2003 AK & SKS Discussion 22 05-31-2009 05:05 AM
Muzzle Brake Bronze_Cased Curio & Relic Discussion 4 06-05-2007 04:00 AM