Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Best AK-M Variant?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Best AK-M Variant?

I'm trying figure out a good variant of a modern AK-M. I'm not really sure of the proper term for this, but i'm looking for something that looks like this:

Also, does anyone know what i would have to do to get this in NY? I'm not really sure of the gun laws in NY as i haven't looked at the gun laws in years.

Can you still get rifles and shotguns with out a license or does the AK-M/AK not fall into that? I could be wrong all together. Like i said, i don't know anything about the NY laws.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Good luck with anything AK related in the Occupied Northeast, BillyJoel. I was due to take command up at FT Drum next month, but when I looked at the laws regarding my guns I opted for a tour in Korea instead. No kidding. Pistols and semi-autos are treated like evil, and all guns must be registered. Ridiculous.

Christopher A. S. "Boots" Combest
www.facebook.com/christopher.combest

Member: TSRA, NRA, GOA, North American Hunting Club and Ducks Unlimited

"If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain."

Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5757 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 10888

Saiga makes a great AK. You cannot "technically" purchase an AK in New York. But if you somehow acquire one and have it registered before April 15, 2014, it can be grandfathered.

Assault Weapon Ban: Effective 04-15-14 all grandfathered "assault weapons" must be registered with the State Police. These weapons may no longer be sold in the State of New York effective 04-15-13.

No offense and none taken

Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1067 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJoel View Post
I'm trying figure out a good variant of a modern AK-M. I'm not really sure of the proper term for this, but i'm looking for something that looks like this:

Also, does anyone know what i would have to do to get this in NY? I'm not really sure of the gun laws in NY as i haven't looked at the gun laws in years.

Can you still get rifles and shotguns with out a license or does the AK-M/AK not fall into that? I could be wrong all together. Like i said, i don't know anything about the NY laws.
From the beginning of this year the laws went from bad to worse!... AKs ARs M1s SKS. Even customized .22 are illegal to buy. And current firearms must be registered by years end... search Google for NY safe act.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
ACES 6 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Vepyrs are i think the best ever made you can even get it in 3006