Ask me anything you need to know about saiga Rifles - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Ask me anything you need to know about saiga Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Handguard Retainer

I agree that Chaos guards make sense, if you don't have a retainer.

In my case, I have a retainer. I purchased a clone of UTG's guards on Amazon for $30 delivered. I am very impressed with the quality. I am replacing plastic ATI guards. I have a DPH rail and a Mepro 21 sight. I want the forend rails to hold a flip up front sight and a Magpul AFG2. So, there was no need to spend the money on high end guards.

Anyways, my Dinzag retainer is designed for a handguard with a recessed interface(not a great description, but the best I can do). The new guards are flat on the front.

Before I take a dremel to the retainer, does anyone have a elegant solution to getting the two to work together?