Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Arsenal's SLR101S? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/arsenals-slr101s-70388/)

Woodys45ACP 08-15-2012 01:32 PM

Arsenal's SLR101S?

Pros and Cons here please.

I am an FFL and I am not very well versed in the AK world. I Own a Polish AKMS from CAI, very good gun. Looking to get some of these in the shop and would like some education on them.

Thanks

JonM 08-15-2012 01:36 PM

If there is such a thing as a quality ak pattern firearm arsenal is about it.

But seriously arsenal offers a decent conversion of the saiga. They are as russian as you can legally own when it comes to current new production.

Hdq 08-16-2012 07:27 AM

Check out the centurion 39 100% american made ak47 these would sell like hotcakes! It even has the american flag etched onto the milled reciever it is comparable to an arsenal ak but without havin too pay 1000$ for one they cost anywhere from 850$ to 750$ a quality american made ak47 thats diffrent from all the wierd crappy imported overseas ak47s that come from diffrent countries this one is american made baby! And its a quality one! Its like the ar15 in the ak47 world. Cheaper than arsenal but comparable quality if not better then the arsenal ak47s i wish my ffl would have some Centurion 39 sporter rifle check it out and post back tell me what you think :)

Woodys45ACP 08-16-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hdq
Check out the centurion 39 100% american made ak47 these would sell like hotcakes! It even has the american flag etched onto the milled reciever it is comparable to an arsenal ak but without havin too pay 1000$ for one they cost anywhere from 850$ to 750$ a quality american made ak47 thats diffrent from all the wierd crappy imported overseas ak47s that come from diffrent countries this one is american made baby! And its a quality one! Its like the ar15 in the ak47 world. Cheaper than arsenal but comparable quality if not better then the arsenal ak47s i wish my ffl would have some Centurion 39 sporter rifle check it out and post back tell me what you think :)

I will look into them. But when I hear somebody say " Just as good...but cheaper" they are usually correct. They are cheaper. No disrespect intended.

The recent Outdoor Channel production of Gun Stories on the AK said it best. " when going into space the US spent hundreds of thousands of dollars designing a pen that could write in space. The Russians used a pencil. "

The fact that American companies are designing and making an AK is good. But maybe not better. You can over think things.

Personally I don't like the AK. I prefer the AR platform. But you have to give them credit for deigning a machine that uses mud for grease.

Woodys45ACP 08-16-2012 12:08 PM

I would prefer an answer to my question rather than a sales pitch on a gun I didn't ask about. Please.

DeanWormer 08-17-2012 01:50 AM

There seems to be a lot of interwebz talk about concern that the gun was not built by a country that built AKs and there are some C39 unique parts in them that would make modifying the gun problematic. I think if it's your first AK getting a WASR or a Yugo or an Arsenal would be a better choice but if you collect them then it might be a nice addition as a one off US built variant of an AK.

Hdq 08-17-2012 02:02 AM

You dont have to worry about 922r compliant parts on american made aks you can modify them however,youd like its american! :D