Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Arsenal SGL 20 AK 103 Izhmash AKM Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Arsenal SGL 20 AK 103 Izhmash AKM Clone

This Independence Day weekend James and I tried out the Arsenal SGL 20 Russian Izhmash AKM. This is one nice rifle. Nice finish, build and accurate out of the box. I put some Ironwood blond furniture on it. It came with some nice plum furniture, but I really dig the blond look. No failures of any kind with this rifle. If I had the funds, I'd buy another.

Last edited by ARnoob; 08-28-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Damn that's fancy. My buddies knock some of my AKs for being too "cosmetic", but that's just how they should "look" in my eyes.

It's amazing what a nice Duracoat and good stain and varnishing job will do for a baseline stock AK. I do like the contour of the Ironwood furniture over the standard military design.

What is the difference in the stock length from Ironwood as opposed to the typical "warsaw" pact length stocks?

Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Damn that's fancy. My buddies knock some of my AKs for being too "cosmetic", but that's just how they should "look" in my eyes.

It's amazing what a nice Duracoat and good stain and varnishing job will do for a baseline stock AK. I do like the contour of the Ironwood furniture over the standard military design.

What is the difference in the stock length from Ironwood as opposed to the typical "warsaw" pact length stocks?
Thanks. I'm glad that you like it. I'll have to measure the IW stock, but I don't think it's WP length. It feels nice, and the length is good.