AR Goodies on AK's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AR Goodies on AK's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR Goodies on AK's

I personally like to update and enhance my AK's with AR CARstocks, vertical grips, rails, etc.. I can better suit my needs with these things. Some people are AK "purist", and think it is awfull to put AR "junk" on an AK. What's your opinion?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #2

Default i agree

i'm with you all the way. i'm not a "collector", these things are tools with a specific purpose. on both my wasr-10 and mak-90 i have collapsible stocks, u.t.g. quad-rail forends, fab defense combat grips, m6x light/laser combos, telescopic bipods, g2 trigger groups.......... you get the picture. anyway, i say to each their own, with 100,000,000 ak's on the planet (thank god) nobody needs to worry about "preserving" them. the only exception being that we all need to stand up and resist the tide of tyranny that would like to see us all disarmed and therefore more easily enslaved. long live the constitution, dont ****in' tread on me!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunPrincess View Post
I personally like to update and enhance my AK's with AR CARstocks, vertical grips, rails, etc.. I can better suit my needs with these things. Some people are AK "purist", and think it is awfull to put AR "junk" on an AK. What's your opinion?
While I am not a purist, most of the after-market stuff for an AK is junk. Pure Crap. AR collapsing stocks just plain look silly, and unless you get an ACE folder, miss 90% of the need for a collapsing stock.

Vertical foregrips get in the way of reloading, unless you are using 20 round magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixosiris View Post
...u.t.g. quad-rail forends, fab defense combat grips, m6x light/laser combos, ..., g2 trigger groups
This is a good list of after-market AK stuff that doesn't suck too much.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #4

no purist here either but do think the current trend to rail cancer on everything is ludicrous. most things quadrail rigged to a rifle are useless frill. i do like collapsible m4 stocks tho so you can adjust for body armor or diferent size shooters length of pull. for an ak a scope is worthless unless your gonna put on night optic since you are talking 5 moa at best. i tend to like attaching one small piece of rail to the right side of the foreend just to mount a surefire light. vertical forward grips are unnatural feeling trash on any rifle.

"the more you sweat in peacetime the less you bleed in wartime,hooya?"

Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda185 View Post
vertical forward grips are unnatural feeling trash on any rifle.
vertical foregrips were built into many AK's at the factory to provide a better grip during full auto firing. I don't have a single FA firearm, so I doubt I will be buying a grip.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

if ya wanna AR then buy one, I like Ak's to be stock

Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
if ya wanna AR then buy one, I like Ak's to be stock
yeah, I'm keeping my new rpk stock, for the most part. I will only be changing out the stock AK-style muzzle brake for an AR-style one.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_sxt View Post
While I am not a purist, most of the after-market stuff for an AK is junk. Pure Crap. AR collapsing stocks just plain look silly, and unless you get an ACE folder, miss 90% of the need for a collapsing stock. Vertical foregrips get in the way of reloading, unless you are using 20 round magazines.
Well, that certainly needed to be said!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #9

I've seen the Tapco's; ehhh, they're ok. But, I really like what Command Arms has to offer.

I tried to find a pic on the net w/ no luck. I found this in Special Weapons for Military & Police "Aug/Sept 2008 Issue."

Sorry for the poor pic.

Mossberd 500...

Beretta 96...

Smith & Wesson M&P15T...

Old 07-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #10

ARGH! ROONEY GUN ALERT! ROONEY GUN ALERT!