Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   AR Goodies on AK's (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/ar-goodies-aks-559/)

ShotgunPrincess 05-23-2007 04:07 PM

AR Goodies on AK's

I personally like to update and enhance my AK's with AR CARstocks, vertical grips, rails, etc.. I can better suit my needs with these things. Some people are AK "purist", and think it is awfull to put AR "junk" on an AK. What's your opinion?

phoenixosiris 07-04-2007 08:49 AM

i agree

i'm with you all the way. i'm not a "collector", these things are tools with a specific purpose. on both my wasr-10 and mak-90 i have collapsible stocks, u.t.g. quad-rail forends, fab defense combat grips, m6x light/laser combos, telescopic bipods, g2 trigger groups.......... you get the picture. anyway, i say to each their own, with 100,000,000 ak's on the planet (thank god) nobody needs to worry about "preserving" them. the only exception being that we all need to stand up and resist the tide of tyranny that would like to see us all disarmed and therefore more easily enslaved. long live the constitution, dont ****in' tread on me!

ranger_sxt 07-09-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunPrincess (Post 1856)
I personally like to update and enhance my AK's with AR CARstocks, vertical grips, rails, etc.. I can better suit my needs with these things. Some people are AK "purist", and think it is awfull to put AR "junk" on an AK. What's your opinion?

While I am not a purist, most of the after-market stuff for an AK is junk. Pure Crap. AR collapsing stocks just plain look silly, and unless you get an ACE folder, miss 90% of the need for a collapsing stock.

Vertical foregrips get in the way of reloading, unless you are using 20 round magazines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixosiris (Post 3675)
...u.t.g. quad-rail forends, fab defense combat grips, m6x light/laser combos, ..., g2 trigger groups

This is a good list of after-market AK stuff that doesn't suck too much.

yoda185 07-26-2007 08:00 AM

no purist here either but do think the current trend to rail cancer on everything is ludicrous. most things quadrail rigged to a rifle are useless frill. i do like collapsible m4 stocks tho so you can adjust for body armor or diferent size shooters length of pull. for an ak a scope is worthless unless your gonna put on night optic since you are talking 5 moa at best. i tend to like attaching one small piece of rail to the right side of the foreend just to mount a surefire light. vertical forward grips are unnatural feeling trash on any rifle.

janikphoto 07-22-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda185 (Post 5070)
vertical forward grips are unnatural feeling trash on any rifle.

vertical foregrips were built into many AK's at the factory to provide a better grip during full auto firing. I don't have a single FA firearm, so I doubt I will be buying a grip.

Righteous 07-23-2008 02:21 AM

if ya wanna AR then buy one, I like Ak's to be stock

janikphoto 07-28-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righteous (Post 33019)
if ya wanna AR then buy one, I like Ak's to be stock

yeah, I'm keeping my new rpk stock, for the most part. I will only be changing out the stock AK-style muzzle brake for an AR-style one.

G21.45 07-28-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger_sxt (Post 4169)
While I am not a purist, most of the after-market stuff for an AK is junk. Pure Crap. AR collapsing stocks just plain look silly, and unless you get an ACE folder, miss 90% of the need for a collapsing stock. Vertical foregrips get in the way of reloading, unless you are using 20 round magazines.

Well, that certainly needed to be said! ;)

JWIII 07-28-2008 06:26 AM

I've seen the Tapco's; ehhh, they're ok. But, I really like what Command Arms has to offer.

I tried to find a pic on the net w/ no luck. I found this in Special Weapons for Military & Police "Aug/Sept 2008 Issue."

Sorry for the poor pic.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...I/MVC-022S.jpg

G21.45 07-28-2008 05:54 PM

:eek: ARGH! ROONEY GUN ALERT! ROONEY GUN ALERT! :p