Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Anyone know barrel lenth on NHM-91 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/anyone-know-barrel-lenth-nhm-91-a-47841/)

aktommysks 09-06-2011 02:11 AM

Anyone know barrel lenth on NHM-91

I recently purchased a NHM-91, Did some research and i've found info stating, they had anywhere from 19"-23.75". Now i measured mine from front trunion and it messures 18". It also appears to be a threaded barrel, looks the same as my 51 Russian sks. I'm confussed everything i read says they were pressed in barrels. I can understand if they are counting inside trunion, Anyhow i would appreciate any info, i'm not very familiar with this model.

c3shooter 09-06-2011 02:26 AM

How to measure barrel length:

Make CERTAIN weapon is not loaded. COCK the weapon so that firing pin is not protruding from bolt face. Insert a rod into the barrel that is close to bore diameter, mark rod at the muzzle. Withdraw rod. Measure rod from tip to mark. NOTE: Revolvers are measured from the muzzle to the face of the forcing cone.

Yes, I know, that also measures the chamber along with the barrel. Sorry, I did not write the process, that is how it is done.

aktommysks 09-06-2011 06:30 PM

Barrel length

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 575457)
How to measure barrel length:

Make CERTAIN weapon is not loaded. COCK the weapon so that firing pin is not protruding from bolt face. Insert a rod into the barrel that is close to bore diameter, mark rod at the muzzle. Withdraw rod. Measure rod from tip to mark. NOTE: Revolvers are measured from the muzzle to the face of the forcing cone.

Yes, I know, that also measures the chamber along with the barrel. Sorry, I did not write the process, that is how it is done.

Thanks shooter. I don't have gun here, but will check as soon as i can get to go upstate. Info much appreciated...

neilage66 09-06-2011 07:53 PM

redundant post is redundant!

My apologies and simultaneous thanks to Mr. c3shooter.

aktommysks 09-06-2011 08:19 PM

NHM-91 barrel length

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilage66 (Post 575785)
redundant post is redundant!

My apologies and simultaneous thanks to Mr. c3shooter.

Thanks anyhow neilage 66. I like the idea of useing the bullet.

neilage66 09-06-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aktommysks (Post 575802)
Thanks anyhow neilage 66. I like the idea of useing the bullet.

You're welcome but I don't recall anyone mentioning the use of *bullets* or ammo for this job. ?:eek:?

aktommysks 09-06-2011 08:37 PM

NHM-91 barrel length

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilage66 (Post 575807)
You're welcome but I don't recall anyone mentioning the use of *bullets* or ammo for this job. ?:eek:?

Sorry i thought it was you. I think what was meant was to add length of bullet to my outside measurment.It makes sence to me,but i could be wrong.