Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > another sks another question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Default another sks another question

I got a second sks on trade tonight. It has the horrible ati combat exchange folding stock on it. And this one has a issue.
The bolt will not lock back. Seller said it fired fine but was a pain to load (original 10 rd toploader). What do I look for that could cause the bolt to not lock

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

Check to make sure the follower or the little tab that locks the bolt back haven't been modified or damaged.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #3

Liked 1974 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Check for the things listed above as well as to see if the POS stock is binding any parts and preventing them from traveling fully.

Possible whoever used the stock, modified the parts to fit the stock or removed parts instead if modifying the stock.

One more reason I prefer leaving SKSs in their original form and furniture.

Does it have the original mag or is there a new "improved" mag installed that could be adding the suck to the rifle?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Good advice offered here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman84 View Post
Check to make sure the follower or the little tab that locks the bolt back haven't been modified or damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Check for the things listed above as well as to see if the POS stock is binding any parts and preventing them from traveling fully.

Possible whoever used the stock, modified the parts to fit the stock or removed parts instead if modifying the stock.

One more reason I prefer leaving SKSs in their original form and furniture.

Does it have the original mag or is there a new "improved" mag installed that could be adding the suck to the rifle?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I broke the gun down to clean and inspect it. The tab that slides up and down for the bolt stop was stuck and wouldn't move. I kept tapping on it till it freed up and lubed everything and it works fine now