Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > American Tactical ak 47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default American Tactical ak 47

What do you know about them?
Thanks BudW

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a AT-AK47 with a stamped receiver. I bought it a few months ago.
It has a chromed barrel. It is well put together BUT....!
Mine WOULD NOT FUNCTION until I smoothed the top of the hammer with a Dremel!
From what I could determine, this AK had the wrong hammer put in. The hammer had a square top which caused malfunctions (it would jam even with the first round in the mag!).
I took a Dremel and ground the top of the hammer until it was round and smooth on top. It is now completely reliable, even with damaged ammo.
I only paid $467 for this rifle, so I used it to learn about working with AKs.
If your rifle does not work, send it back - in my case, the replacement of the hammer would have fixed the problem.

NRA Life Member