Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   AK's (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/aks-61023/)

The5Last5Rebel 03-25-2012 02:12 AM

AK's

AK's are like most Russian women. They're not to pretty, but there mean as hell, they work hard, and they most definitely know how to get the job done.

southernfirepower 03-25-2012 02:30 AM

Well since this looks like a thread that has no specific topic other than (ak's) I just want to share my thoughts.......
I love the platform. Was one of my first firearms, and I plan to keep it in my arsenal as long as I am alive to have one:) hooray for the worlds most reliable! And before anyone says anything yes I have a good quality ar and I just like my ak better.

The5Last5Rebel 03-25-2012 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernfirepower
Well since this looks like a thread that has no specific topic other than (ak's) I just want to share my thoughts.......
I love the platform. Was one of my first firearms, and I plan to keep it in my arsenal as long as I am alive to have one:) hooray for the worlds most reliable! And before anyone says anything yes I have a good quality ar and I just like my ak better.

Amen to that.

NvRbanArms 03-25-2012 05:45 AM

What's a good Ak to buy for around 600 bucks. I am even willing to trade a sig p226 for one. Just because I want one so bad. But I don't want no POS Ak. I at least want some quality one. They got them for around 400-500 by me but don't know of its worth trading a sig for.

PlaysWithZombies 03-25-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NvRbanArms
What's a good Ak to buy for around 600 bucks. I am even willing to trade a sig p226 for one. Just because I want one so bad. But I don't want no POS Ak. I at least want some quality one. They got them for around 400-500 by me but don't know of its worth trading a sig for.

Personally, for $600 i'd get a wasr 10 and mod it out a little bit, a nice m4 style stock and maybe some railed handguards. You'll still have cash left for ammo too

ZombieBrawler 03-25-2012 06:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NvRbanArms

I bought this WASR for $600 out the door 2000 rounds later its never had a hiccup great gun and pretty by me :) my dad loves it so much hes buying another ak for him as well and decking it out tactical status.

AndyRexia 03-25-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NvRbanArms (Post 751024)

http://www.classicfirearms.co/semi-auto%20rifles.htm

They have some AK's for around that price. Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll start seeing them. I got my converted Saiga from them but they're out of stock now. I don't think they will take a trade but they have some good prices, as long as they're in stock.

therewolf 03-25-2012 03:33 PM

Try J&G and buymilsurpdotcom.

I like the CZ58, but anything on the pages shoots

well, if it's an AKM platform.

When I really want to rip off a few dozen(or hundred)

rounds fast, nothing I've shot so far beats the

feel of the AK.

mjkeat 03-25-2012 05:54 PM

I'm glad someone linked Classicfirearms. The converted Saiga is probably the best deal going.

I won't comment on what rifle is better for quick and accurate follow up shots. Cough A cough R lol

BodySnatcher 03-27-2012 06:13 AM

M10-762 fits your list of wants. Mine will ring an 8-inch gong all day long at 200 yards. My sons better eyes will hit at 300 with a 50% hit rate. Not bad for an AK.