Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK47 Side Rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AK47 Side Rail

I have a EKP-1S-03M Kobra sight that I want to mount on a stamped Polish Underfold. Which side rail is the best / most stabe for this set up? Pics of your setup would be great.

Thanks,
Michael

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have this one Michael. Lots of reviews for you to check out too. You cannot use your iron sights as advertised. It is however a very sturdy mount.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AKS006-44765-1930.html

I could not get my scope zeroed in. The gun shot way left and there was not enough adjustment in my scope to bring it back that far. I messed around with the scope rings as in flip flopping them several ways and this helped but still had the same problem. I think my problem is in the scope rings and not the side mount.

I'm back to iron sights and a laser for now till the weather breaks.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BTW I have a WASR 10

Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #4

Hi mbmaness,

You wrote: "Which side rail is the best / most stable for this set up?"

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that the rifle does not have a side rail and you want to mount one. If so, this site can help you do so: http://www.gunsgutsandgod.com/railinstall.htm

This site, http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html, will give you a selection of side rail mounts and mounting hardware to choose from.

Below are a couple of pics of my EKP-1S-03M Kobra mounted on the side rail of my SAR-1. The set up is very stable and the sight keeps it zero if it has to be dismounted and then remounted.

Here are the instructions on how to zero the sight: http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/kobrazer.html

As Tom said, you will not be able to use the iron sights when the Kobra is mounted. Co-witnessing is possible on some of the newer Kobras but not on your model.

No guns, no peace.
Know guns, know peace.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #5

Default side rails

I don't know anything about AK's but have a look at www.espfrance.com they are nato dealers and if you mention my name with your order i might get a good deal next time. Rob Fereday. I know they do side rails and have an on line catalogue.