AK47 shoulder stock vs. underfolder
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK47 shoulder stock vs. underfolder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default AK47 shoulder stock vs. underfolder

Wondering if an AK with and underfolder stock can be fitted with a normal wood shoulder stock. Are they interchangeable?

I'm looking to buy a pre-ban Norinco AK, but most of the ones I see on the auction sites are underfolders. I really would like to have one with the full wood stock. I'd get an underfolder, if I knew I could later fit it with the full stock.

Any info appreciated...

Rufus

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #2

Depends on the variant... the wood stock presses into the back of the receiver, the folders usually have a metal hinge/pivot where the wood would press in, some this can be removed, some its spot welded, etc. Just look closely before buying.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #3

To change an underfolder to fixed stock you would have to change the rear trunnion. Which would require modifying the receiver. You can buy a fixed stock version and add an Ace rear block to add a side folding stock.

Join The NRA!

Last edited by jwsturr; 12-20-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Appreciate the replies. Sounds like its gonna be easier to just get an original fixed stock rather than fuss with trying to to convert an underfolder