ak vs sks - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > ak vs sks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1117 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 1135

Years ago I got a Yugo SKS and was impressed with it and cheap 7.62x39. Then I bought a WASR-10 four years ago and again was impressed - it's much more handy than the heavy Yugo. And now I also have an AR which really impresses me.

I think there's enough good info above to choose the one best for you. Really it's hard to go wrong, each is a fine rifle. I'm keeping all three myself.

Thanks for the pics of the Shernic Bull pup stock, GunzRgood! For $159 that looks like a fun project. I've got to give that more thought!

Old 10-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #22

No problem. The kit makes turns a regular SKS and makes a modern rifle out of it!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Go AK in 5.45 X 39 caliber and mount a scope on it. You'll have interchangable magazines for quicker reloading, a decent caliber rifle for survival needs, an accurate rifle that can outdistance an SKS and you'll have more fun.